“Nice neighborhood hangout for brunch and shakes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Big Daddy's

Big Daddy's
239 Park Ave South, New York City, NY 10003 (Gramercy Park)
+1 212-477-1500
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Daddy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,028 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: Between 19th and 20th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R, Q & L trains to Union Square/14th Street.
Description: It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night munchies! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's!
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice neighborhood hangout for brunch and shakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We are regulars for brunch and milk shake at Big Daddy's. Weekend brunch is lovely. Tater tots are the kids favourite. The hash is nice too. The price can be a bit high for what you get. Great diner atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Julie Z, Guest Relations Manager at Big Daddy's, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking. We're so glad the kids loved the tots, and you enjoyed our food. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s next time you are in town!

Brussels, Belgium
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was looking for a great place for having an American style breakfast and I found it here.

Nice decor, good food and friendly service, which made a great start of my day in the city.

This place is on my 'I want to eat there again' while in NYC.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking and we could provide you with the American experience you were looking for. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s next time you are in town!
“Easily Worst Meal In NYC”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

One of the worst meals in NYC. All the food were dry and just dry... Disappointing that even the burger patty was overcooked and dry.

Visited February 2013
I’m sorry to hear you didn’t fully enjoy your Big Daddy’s experience. We are always working on improving our services, so we appreciate your feedback.
UK
“Exactly what we hoped for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were in New York for 1 week (visiting from the UK) and were hoping to find a diner for a good American breakfast. After wandering around Union square we spotted Big Daddy's on our first night, it looked like it fitted the bill so we vowed to return for breakfast the next day.

The place looks just like the diner's you see on movies, and this is not superficial, it's really worth looking them up!

The waitresses were charming and, the service was excellent, the food was great (and big portions!) The decor and atmosphere made it a complete package that was one of the main talking points of our trip.

The only slight let-down was that their idea of tea was a bit hit-and-miss... but that goes for anywhere in the States! BUT their freshly squeezed orange juice is amazing.. and their coffee is pretty good too, and don't forget the free refills! So avoid the tea and go for something more traditionally american and you'll do just fine!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking. We're so glad we were able to give you the New York experience you were looking for! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s next time you are in town!
“THE BEST BURGER IN THIS COUNTRY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am trying to hold back my excitement as I write this! The food was so very good, and the experience was awesome!!! I was born and raised in a nearby neighborhood - I moved far away - but I will make it a PRIORITY to visit here the next time I come home!!!

I ordered the "The Real "Mac" Coy", and had mimosas since it was happy hour. Okay my favorite drink (made wonderfully), and my new favorite burger! Come on - Awesomeness!!! My husband got The Big Easy Muffaletta and he loved it!

Years ago, I would come to this restaurant and get a salad - I know, I salad in a diner - But even that was delicious!!! It was the Alexander the Greek, and it was one of the best salads EVER!

You can tell from my other reviews that I don't easily give out glowing reviews - but Big Daddy's has been my favorite for years, and will continue to be!!! :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wow! Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking, especially a super customer like you! We're glad that you've been able to try not just our burgers, but our big salads too! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy's next time you are in town!