“Good food, good drinks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emmett O'Lunney's Harmony View Bar & Grill

Emmett O'Lunney's Harmony View Bar & Grill
210 W 50th St, Between Broadway & 8th Ave, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
(212) 957-5100
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Good food, good drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was in Manhattan for a couple of weeks last month. At the end of each day, I'd usually stop by this friendly place to have some soup and a drink at the bar. Service was always fast and courteous.
I strongly recommend the Irish Onion Soup.

Visited January 2013

• Czech first
“A little bit of Ireland in Times Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

On a blistering cold day in January, I was looking for a warm pub to enjoy a beer and lunch.

I was not disappointed and enjoyed a Guinness and Shepherd Pie. It was one the best I have had and I can recommend this pub to any visitor looking for a warm oasis in Times Square

• 4 of 5 stars Food
St. John's, Canada
“Irish pub near theatres”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well located for all kinds of attractions, Emmett O'Lunney's gave us quick and pleasant service, and hearty and delicious food.

I had a burger that was the second-best I've ever had in New York and great fries! The Irish coffee was a little lacking on the cream side for me, but as I've never had one in an Irish pub, perhaps it was authentic.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendliness in the Big Apple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very friendly pub in a big city. Visited from the UK and visited this pub on three occasions. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Each time we went in, the barmaid ( Rachael ) not only remembered my drinks order from the previous night but welcomed us back by name, and the owner, the very friendly Emmett, thanked us for coming back.
Very reasonable prices for the location and a good choice of food and beer, the Samuel Adams winter ale on draft was to die for.
This pub has got what is sadly missing from a lot of businesses, that personal touch.
Will definitely call back the next time we are in NYC.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good Pub food, marginal service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stopped in for dinner before a show on Friday night. Seated right away - and took our drink order - but service was donw hill from there. We had plenty of time before the show (arrived @ 6) - but do to innattentive service, we left at 7:40... Our original waitress disappeared - and the waiter handling the room to the left was overwhelmed... Finally got our order in (Chicken curry for me, Rueben for my wife). Curry was surprisingly good - spicy (which I like) and great flavor. Rueben was tender & flavorful. Problem with the service again- could not get a second beer - or a glass of water... by the time we got his attention, we asked for the check to make sure we made the seating...

Overall, the bar looked fun, the food was good, price was OK ($50 for 2 including drinks) - but poor service kept us from rating this higher... You may have better luck!

• Visited January 2013