“Excellent service from Amazing staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Carlos Hotel

Save Saved
You added San Carlos Hotel to your Saves list
San Carlos Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 East 50th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #40 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent service from Amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I only stayed in the city for a day, but the San Carlos' staff was so helpful in finding me a town car and offering great advice on obtaining broadway tickets! It's not too close to time square... About 10-20 blocks. The bell hop, Matthew, was the most helpful- he actually chased down a driver who could take me to JFK! All around, the best hotel I've stayed at in the USA!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We ordered a junior suite for 3 people with king sized bed, we received a small room with very small bath with a queen size bed. The room not renovated for a long time and the view was of the brick wall of the next building, certainly not convenient for 43 people. The staff was very responsive and polite, breakfast was average and the exercise room small and not welcoming. The location is good, RSTMN 6/10

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed in San Carlos for 3 nights and had a really good sized quad room. The hotel is in a great location close to popular subway lines and within walking distance of the Rock and Gran Central. We had breakfast with our package which was basic but all good. Staff were great too and let us have our room for an extra hour or so on the last day.

Stayed May 2013
wigston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

stayed in the hotel for 6 days on a family special birthday trip with wife and daughters (18th and 21st)
free upgrade to large adjoining rooms 3 tv's two kitchens two bathrooms and a lounge.
very central for visiting major sites rockefeller 7 min walk.
rooms very clean and quite spacious.
excellent free complimentary continental break fast.
excellent diner straight across from hotel
would recommend and would return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Divonne-les-Bains, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is my second visit to the San Carlos and I di request the same room at the back in order to have a quiet room. Staff were attentive, efficient and friendly again, I did sleep well. The room was very spacious ( king size bedrooms are bigger)- no view as it was at the back but that was not an issue for me , though next time I will request a room on a higher floor for more light.
The room has the usual coffee machine etc and I request a kettle so I could make tea, which was delivered very quickly.
Breakfast is OK - nothing to write home about but a selection of breads and pasties, yoghurt etc. A bowl of large apples is provided but to be honest, some other fruit would be a good addition.
I can recommend the hotel for good value, good night's sleep and service.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but lower floors are also quite dark
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I ended up staying at the San Carlos by accident. I had stayed at the Affinia 50 for a few days and I wanted to extend my stay in NYC. I booked a room at the San Carlos and OMG what a difference!! Wifi and unlimited Breakfast were included (Very happy). Also, the rooms were extremely clean with lots of amenities...bathrobe, microwave, wine glasses, water bottles; it sounds silly to mention those items, but where I was staying previously had NONE of them. I had a deluxe room with a king size bed; it was absolutely beautiful/luxurious and the pictures don't make it justice. Also, since I bought my departure ticket during my last day in NYC, I was able to print my tickets free at the Business Center (2nd floor). I've stayed at many hotels in NYC, and I'm definitely planning to come to the San Carlos. The Staff were very friendly and helpful; they let me checked-in at 7am WITHOUT having to pay any extras fees (the Affinia made me pay $100 for checking in at 1pm!). I love the San Carlos and I highly recommend them. I'm definitely coming back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel many years ago and had a great experience then, we returned this week to find it was a good as ever. The location is perfect, 3 blocks from 5th Avenue. The room clean, quiet and comfortable, a real haven in a busy trip. Breakfast good and plentiful. The staff were, without exception, helpful, charming and friendly. Very happy to recommend

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to San Carlos Hotel? Share your experiences!