My first impression looking pictures and entering the lobby was "old hotel, dirty carpet, mustiness... I'm gonna need a spare nose".
In fact, the hotel seems outdated and deserves a redecoration here and there and if some old furnitures, threadbare carpet or scratched walls affects your mood, think twice before stay at Roger Smith. However, it took just 5 minutes to make me feel confortable about room cleaning and general care when I realized I wasn't suffering any rhinitis or allergy I usually have in any dusty place.
The attendents were very gentle and pleased to help us since we left our luggages early in the morning before check-in till find a big cab to take us to the airport and everytime in between.
The highlight of the hotel is the great location: 5-15 minutes walk distance to subways, Grand Central Terminal, 5th Ave, Bryant Park, the UN, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Times Square and lots of every sort of stores, restaurants and coffees.
It was a very pleasure 3 nights stay. I Recommend!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.