We stayed at the Roger Smith over Labor Day weekend. The location warrants 5 stars, with great access to the Subway, shopping, and places to eat, but the hotel itself has much room for improvement.
At first glance, I hoped it was going to be a case of "shabby chic", but it turned out to be just shabby. The entire place needs work. The examples are endless.... peeling paint, chipped furniture, mold in the bathroom, stains on the carpet, uninterested staff (except Anna our housekeeper) and a weird moldy/musty smell. It was one of those places that I was afraid to walk barefoot on the hotel room. The lobby bar and restaurant was closed/mothballed. At least have a doorman!! Granted, it is an older hotel, but older does not have to equal worn out and sad!!
As an outsider, it looks to me that the owner needs to invest some time and money in the building, the staff and the amenities and then the Roger Smith could shine brightly on Lexington.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.