I just got back from a five night stay at this hotel and am very unhappy with the rooms, the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff who seemed quite disinterested and disengaged in my opinion. The suite was old with stains on the carpet everywhere you looked. The furniture was outdated, scratched, torn and smelled very musty. Air conditioning unit needed to be fixed. Housekeeeping was poor as the suite was vacuumed once during our stay and the bathroom was not kept clean at all. The king bed was lumpy and creaked every time you moved and the sofa bed was like sleeping on the metal coils themselves. I am not sure why people give this hotel such a great review. I for one would never recommend this place to anyone and when speaking to some local residents at a restaurant in Soho they assured me that this hotel is not known for style or comfort... Sure the room was spacious but I would much rather have comfort and cleanliness than a couple of extra feet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City