“Inncredible!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 452 hotels in New York City
Zug, Switzerland
“Inncredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were planning our wedding in NYC and I was looking for a romantic setting, but at the same time I needed to accommodate my sister travelling in from NC as well as my bride and myself.
After reviewing many hotels that would have been quite expensive to book two rooms, I found the INN NYC and the perfect match. The Library Suite is light, airy, spacious and comfortable with numerous skylights in the high 12-14ft ceilings. The suite is 50ft long and has a sliding pocket door to separate the living room with a fold-out sofa bed from the master bedroom.
We had a great time sharing the living space and plenty of privacy for all with the rooms separated. This was a great, cost-effective solution for us!
The building is really charming as are the proprietors, Elyn and her mother Ruth. They took great care of us with plenty of goodies as described by other reviewers. Elyn arranged a delicious choclate cake to congratulate us on our wedding.
The neighborhood is terrific, with plenty of restaurants within the few blocks around the Inn. We will surely stay at the Inn NYC when we visit family in the City in the future!

Room Tip: The wi-fi coverage was spotty in the living room and bedroom, but satisfactory at the dining area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Sorry for my late review coz I just arrived home. This hotel provides us amazing experience ever since. First of all, the food including cakes, snacks and fruits were all fresh and tasty! And they will be changed everyday. Juice and water in the fridge were all cool after a long day run outside! There is a trader joes nearby and some pizza and convinience stores around so you can buy everything! Second, this hotel isn't the conventional one coz it feels like home and the kitchen is great we cooked everyday during our stay. Everything there is clean and tidy. Elyn is very nice to me and we enjoyed wonderful talks. I think everyone will feel worthy staying here!

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had wanted to feel a part of New York on our recent visit, so we chose the Inn New York City instead of a conventional hotel. What a delight. We stayed in the Opera rooms which were comfortable and full of character. In the morning we were able to head off for a run down by the Hudson and then during the day it was so nice to stroll across central park to the museums or catch the subway downtown. All the little touches during the stay were a real joy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawkswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wanted a little something different from the normal big luxury hotels for our recent trip to New York. It was a special occasion as I had planned the trip to propose to my girlfriend.

We both enjoy staying in luxury hotels but also enjoy something quirky and different from the norm. Inn New York was certainly not a disappointment! In fact, my expectations were blown away!

Thanks to Ruth and Elyn for making our amazing trip even more special by creating a unique hotel and for adding the extra touches that made all the difference. We shall be staying again if ever we are back in NY.

Thank-you!
Ray and Debbie

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this lovely inn in a brownstone on the Upper West Side. We stayed in the Opera Suite, which has a delightful veranda. The rooms were very comfortable-almost like staying in your own cozy apartment. Delightful snacks were provided as well as a marvelous cake and other goodies for breakfast. Even the choice of CD's were wonderful. We would highly recommend this property, and we will return.

Room Tip: If you would like to have access to a very nice veranda off the bedroom with comfortable garden furn...
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I recently had a return visit to Inn NYC and stayed in the Spa Room over night. This is the fourth time we've been there over the last few years and I have always more than enjoyed my stay. The rooms are lavish and comfortable and you really feel like you are in an apartment. The Spa Room has a huge jacuzzi, sauna, and over head shower, elevated king size bed and most every amenity I can think of. You also have a kitchen full of fruits, goodies, treats and a cake! You really can not find anything else like this charming Inn anywhere in the city, especially for the price. The location is also fantastic. It is central to everything in the neighborhood you may want and very close to the subways. You would be wise to book a stay here.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in the Spa suite and it was fantastic. The hostess welcomed us with open arms and escorted us to our. We were given the grand tour of the entire room. She pointed out every light switch and electrical outlet and everything in between. The bedroom was amazing itself with the little staircase leading on to the bed. In front of that was a table where you could have a romantic dinner by candle light. There was a couch right next to the bed which was perfectly positioned in front of the tv for some late night channel surfing. Between the couch and the TV was a door filled all sorts of different literature. My girlfriend almost collapsed as she saw some of her favorite authors. Inside the tv cabinet there was a plethora of new york broadway play bills. Heading into the kitchen was a tight squeeze but we didnt stay in there very long anyways. A full pantry of food, wine juices and waters in the mini fridge, and on top of thats plates cups forks knives wine glasses and even pots and pan to make your stay more at home. As you make your way into the jewel of the room, the spa, your enticed by all white walls, a fireplace, scented aroma inserts for the spa, and robes that make you feel like royalty. Spa was more than spacious enough for both of us to sit back relax and enjoy some wine and talk about life with each other. There are chairs around the jacuzzi if you are wanting to wait and sit with your loved one while the tub fills. Inside of another pair of doors is the toilet. A little cramped as well as the shower but like i said before. Wasnt there long enough to truly complain. We ordered take out and the food came quite promptly. Our sleep was the best sleep my and my girlfriend had in months. For a hotel in New York it was amazingly quiet and subtle. Me and my girlfriend will try and make our way back very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn New York City? Share your experiences!