We stayed for a week in June and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. Our apartment on the 9th floor was extremely spacious, well appointed, with TVs everywhere and very effective aircon. The location is ideal in a smart sector of the city, right next to the Waldorf Astoria. We loved the neighbourhood around Lexington Avenue / 3rd Avenue with great restaurants and convenience stores and a relief from the tourist hell of Times Square and 8th Avenue (nearly booked a place over there - glad we didn't). Rockefeller Plaza and Grand Central are 10 mins walk away.
However, there is no such thing as quiet in NY. Due to the way the aircon units are fitted (removable in the winter), the windows are not sealed from street noise which seems to go on all night with garbage trucks, police, hotel laundry, etc. Earplugs are supplied by the hotel, but we were fine once we accepted how it would be.
Clearly, this is not a purpose built hotel - it is a conversion of a former old apartment block and as such, certain features are compromised; the lift is a little tight, as is the reception area and the breakfast bar is a squeeze in relation to the number of guests. However I would not let this put you off. The assistants in the breakfast bar are so polite and helpful, doing their utmost to run it efficiently through the 8 to 9am rush hour. Reception staff also extremely helpful and welcoming. We would have no hesitation in staying there again - missing New York already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In one of the most desirable neighborhood communities in New York City, BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House us a freshly renovated, all suite, three and four room full apartment hotel on Manhattan’s East Side. Uniquely designed with full kitchens living rooms and separate bedroom(s), the Hospitality House provides leisure and business travelers with a comfortable, smoke-free, affordable home away from home. Apartments include Free Hot Breakfast, Free Wifi/Internet, Free Computer/Printer Access, Free Fitness Center Access , Free Newspaper and Free Local Telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hospitality House Hotel New York City
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Best Western Hospitality House New York