“This is a Best Western?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 East 49th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #58 of 464 Hotels in New York City
dallas
“This is a Best Western?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Ok, I admit it...I am a bit of a hotel snob. I usually think of Best Westerns as a clean place to sleep next to the Interstate when you're exhausted from driving all day and not a place to spend a week vacation. But this one REALLY impressed me. We spent a week in the two bedroom, two bathroom penthouse, and it was a great place for our family to rest and relax after intense days of sight seeing. The linens were very comfortable (duvets, crisp sheets, plenty of pillows, good sized towels, bathrobes, etc) and the bath products were Bath and Body works. House keeping was great and very attentive. Everything was very clean and we never ran low on anything. They even stocked extra towels in the closet every day. The entire unit was nicely updated and the bathrooms were modern. The unit was very spacious, especially for NYC. We were there in March so we didn't get much use out of the terrace, but it was huge and well furnished. There was a plumbing issue in the unit below ours which required maintenance to access our apartment, but this was handled so well by management that it turned out to be more of a positive experience than a negative one. The breakfast attendants were great. The breakfast was mainly continental, with two hot items that varied every day as well as waffles. The breakfast room was small and bustling, but there are trays provided in the rooms that made it easy to take the food to go. There was a full kitchen, which we didn't use (I'm on vacation!) but it was great to have a dining table that seats six when we got take out. The elevator is small and there is only one, but we never experienced any inconvenient waits. The location was GREAT. Aside from transportation to and from LaGuardia, we were able to walk or take the subway everywhere. Many of the major tourist destinations were an easy walk. There were a few minor negatives that aren't unique to this hotel, but are likely more a result of it being NYC. The street noise was fairly loud, but the room came with plenty of bedside ear plugs. Frankly, after a day or two, I didn't notice anymore. The heat is from radiators, which can be trickily to adjust if you aren't familiar with them and they can be noisy. Also, there isn't a formal concierge, although the desk staff frequently had good suggestions and were helpful. This was a great place to stay. I felt like we got personalized service, everyone from the desk clerk to the maintenance staff were friendly and polite, and the room and location were great. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others, even hotel snobs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
robg64, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Elsie,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience here. We appreciate hearing from our guests so we can continue to improve. We are very grateful for the detailed description of your visit. We are so appreciative of your review of the staff's efforts. You really brightened our day with this!

We all look forward to your next visit and hope to see you real soon!

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Warmest Rgegards,
Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We checked into the hotel on a Tuesday. I was in NYC for a vacation with my family. They gave me a one bedroom suite which was a nice surprise. I have two major complaints against this hotel.

They dont have thermostat in the rooms, The radiator style heater really got hot in the room and I didn't know how to turn the heater off, I had to plug in the AC unit and turn it on in the middle of the night.

At 8 AM someone started knocking on the door. I along with my family were in deep sleep. My kid
opened the door, there was a mechanic wanting o change a lamp. This guy without disregard to anyone's privacy barged into the bedroom and while we were still asleep and turned on the light.
Not sure why he had to change the lamp at 8 am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
robg64, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Vijay

I apologize that you were disturbed. It simply should not have happened.

We were placing all new lamps in the rooms to improve the hotel, but not at 8AM in the morning. I all feel bad you were disturbed. I am so awfully sorry for that. i would like to make it up to you if at all possible. Can you please contact me about this.

Our heating system is centralized and we can adjust it for you by adjusting the radiators in your room.

Again I hope to hear from you.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I highly recommend these apartments. I was travelling with my husband and son and did not want to be in two hotel rooms not together. We had a two bedroom apartment which was huge, lovely spacious lounge and kitchen with everything needed. As we were celebrating my son's 21st birthday, I emailed the Robert, the manager before and arranged for baloons and beer to be in our apartment waiting for us, brilliant. Sam on reception gave us a warm welcome and explained everything to us. Freezing cold March but apartment always warm and plenty of extra blankets if needed. We were at the front of the building, it is noisy but what you would expect in the middle of a city. There are ear plugs if needed but we slept fine. Next morning we took our trays down to breakfast and stocked up with fresh juice, scrambled egg, sausages, toast, pastries, fruit and coffee and made a trip back for waffles! Chap restocking food was very helpful and friendly. Free Wifi is great for booking tickets etc. Good location, turn right out of hotel and on the corner of the street there are the guys selling tickets for the open top bus tours and trip to Woodbury Premium Outlets (where you can then catch a taxi to Orange County Choppers!). Lots of restaurants close by, 15 minute walk to Times Square. On first night, popped out to store for milk and chocolate, felt very safe walking about at night.
Will definitley stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy your son's birthday turned out so special and that we were able to be a part of that life long memory! Thank you for honoring us with having your son's birthday here and for bringing your beautiful family to stay with us!!

We hope that we can have you come again soon! Thank you again for your stay and for taking the time to posting your experience here!

Always in your service...
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Party of 5 females from Scotland and we have nothing but praise for this fantastic fined. Great location, staff unbelievably nice and helpful, rooms huge and most importantly spotlessly clean. We stayed in a suite with 2 beds, bathroom, living/dining room and kitchen. The double bed alone in one bedroom could have slept all 5 of us!!!!!! Fantastic city enhanced by a great hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
robg64, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for posting this nice review. We hope you are able to come again soon! Our housekeepers loved your review.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Had the best trip ever to NYC and staying here made it perfect. Five girls in a two bedroom apartment. We had two bedrooms, a massive pullout sofa, a living area, kitchen, bathroom and all mod cons! Breakfast was included in the price and staff were so friendly and helpful. Very cosy stay which was just what we needed after long days shopping and touring. Excellent location. Definitely worth a stay here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your stay and review. We hope to see you again soon.
Warm Regards,
Robert Gaeta
Camillus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am not generally one that writes review, however I felt the absolute need to let all know...... this is by far, one of the best places I have stayed in NYC!!
I am not also one that does not need a big, "fancy" room while traveling, but I do need clean (are ya with me ladies?? :), and this hotel is A+++ . I was not only absolutely impressed with the cleanliness of our room, but with the entire hotel.
The staff is wonderful - we were greeted by David Haynes with a friendly smile and helpful information; in the morning, asst general manger, Eddy Luna, personally made sure our stay was pleasant; and the gentleman in the dining area (I did not get his name) was attentive in making sure we had everything we needed for breakfast.
There is no doubt this is my new favorite place to stay while in NYC!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
robg64, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Karen

Thank you for your visit with us and for taking the time to write this terrific review! It really brought smiles to the whole team! We are very happy to hear that David, Eddy and Kojo (breakfast) took good care of you during your stay. I will be sure to thank them and recognize their efforts!!

We hope to see you again in the near future! Please consider me at you disposal if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you again for your stay and kind consideration.

York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked this hotel on a last minute hotel website the day I needed to stay. I wasn’t sure what I was getting but from the website the price and location seemed perfect. When I arrived I was overwhelmingly surprised that it was actually pretty nice. It was not the most modern as I was not familiar with the radiator heat but once educated on how to work the system it worked well and was not a problem. They also had window air condition system .The hotel appears to be an old apartment building. I had a one bedroom unit that was huge compared to other rooms I have stayed in and paid double sometimes even triple the price for in this section of NYC. The room was very clean and complete with a living room, dining room and even kitchen. In the kitchen they provided a cute complementary welcome basket with snacks and treats in the refrigerator. The Wi-Fi was free which is unheard of at hotels in NYC. They also have complementary breakfast every morning. The hotel has an arrangement with a local parking lot one block away that charges hotel guest $35 for 24hrs this is an excellent price for NYC. The downside is they do not have in and out privileges; however that’s typical for NYC parking lots. I was traveling alone however I would definitely recommend this hotel again and believe it for would great for families and large groups.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
robg64, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your business and positive assessment of your experience here. We really appreciate you're mentioning the great value in staying with us in a full apartment suite.

We would love the recommendation and we really hope to see you back staying with us again soon.

Thank you again.. at your service...

Robert

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House? Share your experiences!