A pretty damn great place. The lobby is easy to navigate and the front door secure. This is a consistently nice and affordable New York hotel. We were able to walk to Manhattan in 15-20 minutes without breaking a sweat. If walking isn't your style, there is a Citibike stand less than a block away. The rooms were clean and the facilities worked well. We shared a bathroom with the guests next door, we never saw/smelt any trace of them though.
We were warned about street noise by locals however we slept fairly well on all nights, there was a complementary pair of ear plugs for soft-eared country folk.
The only noise that woke us was the occasional siren or early morning construction, nothing too serious. The restaurant downstairs makes a pretty decent cup of coffee. We stayed on the top floor, whilst they don't have an elevator but we managed well enough on our own.
The Chelsea Inn is a near perfect place for budget travelers wanting to get a feel for New York life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chelsea Inn is a small boutique bed and breakfast style hotel located in one of the most trendy parts of New York City - Chelsea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Budget Places, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chelsea Inn - 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Inn - 17th Street Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Hotel 17th Street
- Chelsea Hotel New York City