Stayed here April 2012 in a 4th-floor walkup. The other reviews seem pretty accurate to me: the shared bathroom's not much of a problem (like many others, I never even saw the people I was sharing with); the rooms are okay, in the sense of not being horrifying or bug-ridden. The location is the biggest asset.
But it's just so hard to feel good about spending almost $200 for a place of such low quality. My honest feeling is that if you're a tourist planning a New York trip and the only way you can do it is to resort to a hotel like the Chelsea Inn, you'll be much happier visiting some other city. America has a lot of gorgeous options. And in many of them you can get near-luxury for the price you'd pay for this unpleasant, barely tidy, service-less, antiquated joint with battered old carpeting. And for vacation purposes I think the comfort of one's room counts for a lot. You won't find comfort here: just something barely adequate at a price you'll regret.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Inn - 17th Street Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Inn - 17th Street Hotel
- Chelsea Hotel 17th Street
- Chelsea Inn
- Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chelsea Inn is a small boutique bed and breakfast style hotel located in one of the most trendy parts of New York City - Chelsea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Budget Places, HostelBookers and Fareportal so you can book your Chelsea Inn - 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.