“Great location and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Court Hotel

You added Amsterdam Court Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 West 50th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #323 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
“Great location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I went to New York to Christmas shopping.
Its my second time hosted at Amsterdam Court and again I was very satisfied with hotel and staff.
Room was very very confortable and clean. I strong recommend everybody. I want to say thank you very much to employees Eddy and Orlando for the warm reception and help all my needs.
We'll be back in New York soon and I hope to see you again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The only positive thing I can say about the place is its location. Close to major tourist attractions and subways. But plumbing was a major factor in my dissatisfaction, scalded my body with the hot water from the tub as I was trying to regulate the temperature, and it would have helped if the tub fixtures were properly functioning. They charge an outrageous fee for WIFI, 10 dollars per device per day, thats unheard of! Most hotels have free wifi, and if they do not have one, they charge a single fee for all your devices.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ivyb02,

Thank you for your post! We are truly disappointed with the outcome of your stay, and we are sorry for any inconvenience experienced during your recent Amsterdam Court experience. I apologize for the shortfall in service. I will be sharing your feedback with the rest of our management team and assure you these issues will be addressed.

New Paltz, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I recently spent the weekend at the Amsterdam Court in nyc.. This was our first time at the Amsterdam Court. The GM Peter Gallo was very welcoming making sure we were comfortable at all times. The room was very clean and and warm. What was really nice was the location, very convenient to restaurants , stores and theater. I would definitely recommend staying here and if you need anything ,Peter Gallo GM is the one you should ask for.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is best
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear pmpolidoro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Amsterdam Court Hotel! I personally am humbled and look forward to sharing your wonderful feedback with our team with regards to the service you received.

The Amsterdam Courts proximity is truly a "Gem". With its location perfect for anyone visiting New York, it makes it ideal for navigating around the city and exploring ones favorite haunts!

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Amsterdam Court the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Warm Regards,

Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel for a college audition and when we got there we only had one small bed for two people. Bobby at the front desk really stepped up and upgraded us to a king room at no charge so we could be comfortable. The rooms were a bit small, but probably not for New York City. The hotel was clean and well kept and well worth the cost. The location is amazing! We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear LaneyDale,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am truly delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Amsterdam Court Hotel. I am so glad to hear that Bobby was so helpful and that you had the opportunity of experienecing one of our Deluxe rooms. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again should your travels bring you to NYC!

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Amsterdam court is in a very good location for times square, the rooms are very small however I think this is common for NYC. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the restaurant next door serves very nice sushi. The lobby has free tea and coffee but breakfast is $10.95 + tax which for what is available is a bit expensive. The rooms are clean but basic, however as it is so central this isn't an issue. I would recommend this to people staying in this area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie S,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Amsterdam Court Hotel. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed in order to improve the hotel and the services we provide to our guests.

I was very happy to read that you found our hotel met your expectations in many areas. Our central midtown location is ideal for travelers looking to explore Times Square, the Theater District and Midtown. Our staff delivers high levels of guest services as this the cornerstone of the guest experience at a hotel. Our pricing is very competitive with other hotels in the area and is definitely an incredible value.

Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Amsterdam Court on your next visit to NYC.

Kind Regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed a great short break at The Amsterdam Court Hotel. Good clean room with adiquate facilities for our hectic break. Although it may not suite someone looking for luxury.
I would stay there again without hesitation as it was such a great location, with very helpful and friendly staff

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear joanne s,

Thank you very much for your review and nice comments about our staff! All of us here at Amsterdam Court are very happy knowing you had a great stay and got to enjoy our prime location. We hope to see you again soon, and take care!

Belleville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had such a fun time last weekend, we celebrated our anniversary by watching a Broadway show, and doing some site seeing. The hotel was in the perfect location to do many things such as close to times square, close to Rockefeller Center, and close to a lot of restaurants. We thought the rooms were a nice size for the price and very much accommodating. I would stay again.

Dear GLeggio,

Thank you so much for your 5 star detailed review, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, we truly are very lucky to be located in the center of it all. We are honored and touched that you made us part of such a memorable milestone. New York New York it's a wonderful town!

Hotel Manager

Been to Amsterdam Court Hotel? Share your experiences!