“Convenient Location and Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amsterdam Court Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 West 50th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #316 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Paris, France
“Convenient Location and Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Amsterdam Court Hotel is in a great location! I was able to go to Times Square, Radio City, Rockefeller Center, and many other tourist attractions by foot in no time! My room here was clean, well kept, and I had everything I needed for a great price considering the great location I was in. The staff here were also very helpful with answering any of my questions and concerned. Two staff in particular, Ali and Abdul, were very helpful in giving me directions and places to see in NYC in French. French is my first language and finding them to speak to at the hotel made things much easier for me. Overall I had a great experience with this hotel and would come back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear RR_856,

Merci! Such a heartwarming review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our great staff including both Ali and Abdul and also our prime location. Comfort is of major importance and we are thrilled our housekeeping team was able to provide you a room with just that. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to the City.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great Location and fair prices for where they are. I booked a few days in advanced and I still didn't pay an arm and a leg. We had a very nice, very clean room which was upgraded from a queen size bed to a king size bed.

The front desk was so helpful. Thanks to John, Orlando and Lauri for all their help. Forgot our toothbrushes, they had "dental kits" at no charge. We needed to stash our bags somewhere, after our stay, they allowed us to keep our bags at the hotel while we walked around.

All around a great experience. When we go back to a broadway show, I won't think twice about booking here.

Dear Jack K,

We are extremely pleased to receive this wonderful review from a guest such as you, thank you. I am thrilled that you found the entire team amazing and enjoyed the location. Also, thank you for the positive feedback about your room being comfortable and our facilities so helpful. We hope the next time you visit it will be for a bit longer and we can wow you even more!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The location, environment and facilities at Amsterdam Court no doubt contributed immensely towards making our stay in New York City memorable. It's within walking distance of major shops and landmarks and only two minutes walk from the stops where we could hop on buses for sightseeing. The hotel room was quite comfortable and the staff were particularly helpful and courteous. In this regard, we remember Peter and Natalie very well.
Abiodun & Modupeola

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Abiodun A,

Thank you for your stellar review. I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you made us your hotel of choice. Thank you for recognizing the team for their warm and friendly hospitality. We hope to welcome you back real soon the next time you venture our way.

Portrush, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Having just returned from staying here, found it good , especially for a few days, rooms small,
Decor tied, but clean, needs a coat coat of paint and modernised, good points 2 blocks away from times square, 5 to 8 mins walk, the staff very helpful, regarding transport back to JFK. Although `
Breakfast not encluded in price, not worth the money and where u were supposed to eat it, it was dire, otherwise the hotel was OK for a few days

Room Tip: I believe you can asked to be upgraded
Dear rscmac,

Thank you for your most recent review. We are pleased you found our location so convenient and were able to fulfill all your tourist needs. We do apologize that you found our breakfast area not to your liking, surprising since so many guests flock there just to socialize.
We hope to welcome you back again the next time your travels lead you our way.

Dallas, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I stayed here in December 2013 and booked because it had the best price in a central location. I doubt we'd stay here again.

Pros: great price and location, no bed bugs(we checked), marshmallow soft beds, super friendly & helpful staff. Maintenance replied quickly to my request for a decent lightbulb for the bedside lamp so I could read. Bathroom and linens clean

Cons: No individual heat setting and radiator was noisy - we ended up running the fan/window unit AC to cover up the noise and cool down the room. VERY small, dark rooms, one bed blocks path to bathroom which lead to stubbed toe in middle of night. Very little storage for clothes or luggage. No fan or window in bathroom (which opened right by beds) so we reminded each other to courtesy flush frequently. Industrial style carpet was dirty. Ran out of hot water one morning and maintenance had to turn up boiler.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear LydiaChure,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at the Amsterdam Court Hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. While its been awhile since your stay with us please be assured I have shared your feedback with our Executive Team to address within their respective departments. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Amsterdam Court the next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of any further assistance now or in the future.

Warm Regards,

Fontana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've heard some horror stories about the places friends have stay at while visiting NYC for the first time, but I'm very pleased with our stay at Amsterdam Court. Room was small, but I expected that. Plenty of storage room for clothes and incidentals. Bathroom was clean and very up to date.
Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and requests. Looking forward to a return trip someday.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Janet F,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We appreciate all our reviews and always strive to do better regardless of the rating. With that said, we enjoy serving each and every one of our guests with the best possible service. So sheepishly we are not surprised that you were "pleasantly surprised" but gratefully thank you for mentioning it. Grade A service is what we always aim to provide and how wonderful that you got to experience it here with us.
We hope to welcome you back again real soon and plan to wow you all over!

Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very clean, staff very helpful, plus room was nice and cool when we get there since it was 90, and very humid out. Continental breakfast was very nice too. Also had coffee and tea all day and night. Plus great location. Near everything, broadway shows, shopping, resturants, Rockefeller Center. Loved the area.

Room Tip: Not sure about other rooms, but ours was excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Pat C,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! Also we were happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our amenities as well as our central location. Our staff goes above and beyond to make a great impression on all our guests and you were no exception.
It was truly a pleasure to host you, please come and visit us again real soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Amsterdam Court Hotel? Share your experiences!