“horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Court Hotel

You added Amsterdam Court Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 West 50th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #323 of 459 Hotels in New York City
sulle nuvole
“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

rooms are small and there's no space to walk and open the luggage. the bed was dirty and the view from the window was a wall! despite all,it's very close to broadway theater! also it took long time to find it because the sign is very small and confused.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Its a 5 STAR Experience, what a wonderful hotel. We visit New York every year the reastaurant natsumi was great the food was nice and the barman definitley know how to pour drinks. The hotel really is fab there is nothing that the hotel cant deliver on from the managment, to the front desk staff. the hotel has the perfect location right by the museums and art works at MOMA everything was at our doorstep perfect. We will be back

Room Tip: We did get a free upgrade which was nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the amsterdam court for 1 night for business. It was very convient for the office right next to Time Square. The bed was to die for I want one in my house slept perfectly. But what really made it for me is that the next day I asked the lady at the desk about breakfast and that I could only have soy milk so i inquired where I could buy some. Without hesitation or a sencond thought she told me not to worry have a seat in the breafast area and within a matter of moments I had my soy milk. That indiviual service made my choice of hotel very easy. Thank you Amsterdam Court you are my hotel of Choice from now on.

Room Tip: room at the back was quite not the best view but slept great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After discovering The Amsterdam Court Hotel thru a search engine I was a little bit skeptical.
To my delight and surprise I have stayed there 2 times in the past few months and plan 2 more visits in the near future. It was not the Glamour of the Amsterdam, rather the unbelievable service and friendly staff. Vanny and her associates made us feel like we were lodging with family rather than a commercial hotel. I will never go back to the hotels I have stayed at in the past. Thank you everyone at The Amsterdam Court, New York City. Denise Merson

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent three nights here and very happy I did.

Great location, very close to everything midtown. Theaters, Times Square, Central Park.

Very clean. I stayed in a King Deluxe and it was just like the picture on the web site.

Nice bed with great pillows.

Air conditioner was really loud but windows did open.

If you are looking for a very reasonably priced hotel in NYC with a great location, this is the one.

Room Tip: The King Deluxe is worth the few extra bucks.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and we were pleasantly surprised. I had read some awful reviews on here about it, but I think that these are older ones, and the hotel must have improved since then!

Check in was very easy. The bell boy and reception staff were extremely helpful. There are 2 lifts in the hotel, but they are very slow and nearly always full so we tended to use the stairs. We stayed in Room 312, so on the third floor, so not far to walk. There are ice machines on a few floors that we used, and a vending machine on floor 3 (that ate a few dollar bills on occasions).

We stayed in a Superior King room. The room was very small, very little space around the bed. Plenty of storage with double wardrobes - but as in many hotels, only 2 hangers! – the drawers under the desk were broken so we just left them well alone. The room was very dark, even with all the lights on. Our king bed was very comfortable, with lovely soft pillows, lovely to sink into after a busy day!

There was a radiator in the room that was VERY noisy, and the room was so hot we had to turn it off anyway. There was also an air conditioning unit. The view from the room was hideous, I did ask for a street view room on booking but I understand requests cannot always be granted. We did not open our blinds as it was also not very private, you could see into the other rooms across the way. TV was good, with lots of channels. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room, but these are supplied down near the lobby 24/7.

Bathroom was nice, full marble. Plenty of hot water at different times of the day, shower of good pressure. Hairdryer and some amenities supplied. The right hand side of the bathroom was full mirrored, which I thought was a nice touch.

The hotel is very noisy. Having such a small room it felt like we were sleeping on the corridor some nights and when people came back in after a late night we were always woken up. You cannot complain about the location, just at the top of Times Sq on 50th and within easy walking distance to Central Park. There are a number of subway stations nearby too (we got an unlimited Metrocard for $30 for 7 days - highly recommended - and gave it to other guests to use when we left). There are loads of restaurants, bars and shops nearby, the majority of which are open 24/7. There was a Sushi restaurant and bar in the hotel lobby but we did not use it - looked nice though and very busy most nights. The bell boy arranged us a private taxi back to JFK at a very reasonable price, and even tried to push the cheaper 'shuttle' option before suggesting a private car, a nice touch we thought.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in New York and with the Hotel. We would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a cheap but comfortable place to rest after busy days exploring the Big Apple! Thank you Amsterdam Court

Room Tip: Its worth asking for a street view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amsterdam Court Hotel? Share your experiences!