“Great Show” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lion King

The Lion King
200 W. 45th St., Minskoff Theatre, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)
866 870-2717
Website
Improve this listing
Visit The Lion King like an insider
$180*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lion King, modeled on the popular children's movie, opened at the Minskoff Theatre in November of 1997, and is still running. The show is 2 hours 45 minutes long, and show times are as follows: Wednesday-Saturday - 8PM Wednesday & Saturday - 2PM Sunday - 1PM & 6:30PM
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Del Mar
5 attraction reviews
“Great Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The music and costumes were wonderful. My husband and I saw it before but this time we saw it through the eyes of our 10 year old granddaughter. She LOVED it.

Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“Very nice, even for a musical nitwit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice musical. I've seen the Disney movie first of course and it roughly follows the same story. Very recognizable and clever ways to depict the original movie. I don't like musicals very much, but I had a fun time with this one.

Visited April 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
39 attraction reviews
“A magical show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is another amazing Broadway show. The representation of the animals and the "landscape" is wonderful! The history is the same as in the movie but seeing it without computarize animation makes a big difference.
If you have kids, they will love the show!

Visited April 2012
San Dimas, CA
21 attraction reviews
“Another Item Checked Off My Bucket List”

In a word INCREDIBLE!!!

The Lion King is something I have been meaning to see for years. We live in LA, where it ran for years, and for some reason I kept putting off seeing it. When I saw it was on Broadway, I decided I had to see it. The whole experience was incredible. I did not have tickets to Lion King when I arrived in New York, but good seats were available at the box office. Just make sure you check the hours of the box office before you stop by. The purchasing of the tickets was smooth and professional. I caught a Sunday matinee which helped with the price. When you arrive security checks everyone, but it was a smooth run through security. I did appreciate that security checked us all, without harassing us all. They were professional. Once you're in there are lots of ushers to get you to your seats. Again, a professional operation. And then when the show started. WOW!! From the rhino walking down the aisle, to stampedes, I was in awe the whole time. This is definitely something everyone needs to experience once in their lifetime.

Visited February 2013
Lakeland, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Take the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My expectations were not good coming into the show. How can you take a cartoon and make it on Broadway. Well, they did it! I was on a business trip and the whole time I was saying, my kids should be here to see this with me. Amazing!!

Visited October 2012