“great coffee in real cups” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aroma Espresso Bar

Aroma Espresso Bar
145 Greene Street, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
Website
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Aviano
“great coffee in real cups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been spoiled living in Italy because most of the bars serve coffee in real cups (warmed on top of the espresso machine). i was in search of a good coffee served in a ceramic cup and I found it at Aroma. I had a perfect double macchiato in a real cup. The ad for the hot chocolate caught my eye because it was advertised as being a cup of discs of israeli milk chocolate with froathed milk on top of it - the drinker mixes the milk and chocolate until the right strength is reached. I really loved the concept and the presentation, but I would have preferred a darker chocolate. I drank about 2/3 of the hot chocolate. This was a really comfortable cafe. I sat in a cute red leather chair at a nice long table by a window so I could watch the world go by - I liked watching the dogs in their warm jackets being walked. The lay out of the cafe was very nice with plenty of room to spread out, plenty of place to wait in line if needed. The service was quick. i saw two different people eat the oatmeal which looked really nice - a big bowl with fresh fruit on type. I did not try the baked goods - they looked somewhat uninspired. The sandwiches looked fresh and tasty.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Boston, MA
“Decent place for a hot drink!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Met here around 7PM for a meeting and was surprised by how modern the place was. Service wasn't that great, wasn't even greeting by the person ringing and didn't really seem to appreciate that I asked for soy milk.

Overall the cafe is welcoming with good seating and seemed to have lots of options for bites to eat as well. I had a soy hot chocolate and the person I was meeting with had a chai tea. Both were fine, but nothing to write home about. My hot chocolate actually had tons of chocolate on the bottom.

Probably wouldn't be high on my list to recommend to others, but it served the purpose.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Iced Aroma Light all day every day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I haven't ye had a chance to try their food but I've been stopping in on my way to work a couple of times a week (a detour which costs me a few extra swipes of my metro card!) but it's so worth it.
The iced aroma light is amazing. I know it's not realy that low calorie because every time I ask I get a different answer. ("117". To "just under 200!"!)
I've tried their froyo too which is basic plain and a rip off. And their fruit salad was really fresh.
But I really reccomdnnstopping in for their iced drink. No matter the weather it's always worth it
(Also make sure to get a punch card as the $4 price tag can add up- they tend to punch mine a bunch of extra times)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Quick & Easy Breakfast to Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great coffee and breakfast on the run! Walk up order and good variety on the menu. I would go back for more.

Visited January 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Coffee Drinks, cool vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

great espresso drinks, good place to meet and hang out, better food than Starbucks. Music is a little loud to work but good mix of neighborhood crowd.

Visited January 2013