“One of the best cookies I've ever eaten!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
“One of the best cookies I've ever eaten!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you are a cookie person, these cookies are really great. I guess I'm not huge cookie person, but I can see how others would love them. Soft inside, melt in your mouth, delicious. We went there for my son who loves sweets. Walk 2 (long) blocks East of Central Park on 74th. There was a long line at 4pm or so on a Sunday, and some of the cookies were already sold out. Another disappointment was they were out of milk- and the cookies are so rich, you have to have milk! PS- cookies were $4 each. All in all, if you love cookies, it's worth seeking it out.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Scone or cookie... It doesn't matter because it's that good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We bought two cookies - oatmeal raisin and the chocolate chip walnut. They were huge and we had to save half of each for later. I personally liked them cooked down - ours were overnight. They were big and delicious. When hot, it felt like a fresh scone (chocolate oozing out) and when overnight it tasted like a cookie (crunchy outside, cookie dough inside). So good. I just wished we had an opportunity to go get some more. Definitely go when visiting the natural history museum. We brought it in as a mid day snack there - perfect!

bourbonnais, IL
“Best cookie ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I read about Levain Bakery on Tripadvisor and had to pay them a visit to see what all of the fuss was about. I am so glad I did! The bakery is small and if you blink you might miss it. There wasn't a line when I went on a weekday morning at about 10 am and as previous posters stated not too many people can fit inside at one time. My son and I ordered a double chocolate chip cookie and my husband got a chocolate with walnut and we were equally amazed at how delicious they were. The cookies were huge and decadent and worth every penny.

Visited July 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Best cookie in the world ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've try many cookies around the world but nothing like this one . It melts in your mouth , one downside is that you have to eat them fresh
SUPERB !!!!!!!!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Working basement bakery with delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I took the children here today as it is v highly rated on Trip Advisor. It is not a restaurant it is a working bakery in a basement and, as other reviewers have said, nowhere to sit so not a destination as such. We bought huge warm slices of divine banana and chocolate loaf for $3 each and ate them on the Ross Terrace at the AMNH watching the fountains. Perfect.

• Visited August 2014