“Best cookies in Manhattan!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
New York City, New York
“Best cookies in Manhattan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Chocolate peanut butter cookies that are moist, rich and delicious!!! My absolute favorite bakery for treats

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
“The best cookies I have ever had in NYC...maybe anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

An alumna of the same college that I went to, Pam Weekes, has achieved a dream I myself had growing up: Operating a bakery in the heart of NYC featuring delectable, rich cookies that would attract a cultish following. When I was living in NYC I was a bit of a cookie connoisseur and trying any cookies from all the hot cookie spots I could find. This, was by far, the best! It was only until after I had been there that I realized Pam was a SBC alum too!

Even if I opened a cookie store of my own, I don't think I could ever compete with the cookies she and Connie MacDonald churn out at Levain Bakery. They only serve four cookies, but each one is so special and flavorful, from the wholesome sweetness of the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, to the classic Chocolate Chip Walnut, the brownie-like decadence of the Chocolate Chocolate Chip, to the sweet and salty Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie, you cannot miss with any one of them! I turned my husband into a fan as well...he orders them online about once a year so we get our Levain cookie fix (we don't live in New York anymore, but every time we are in town a stop at Levain Bakery is always on our list)! Connie MacDonald and Pam Weekes, you are my cookie heroes! And Pam, you've done Sweet Briar proud! Holla Holla Holla!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Great cookies, worth of your time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The bakery is very tiny, on the basement (lower level), next to (behind) a corner store between amsterdam street and 74th street. We visited on Sunday afternoon, there was a line outside, prob 5-7 minutes wait. But it was really worth of your time and effort to go there. The cookies are heavenly. Big, thick, warm, fresh from the oven and so good (crispy on the outside and goey in the inside -> on the dark choco chips cookies).

The bakery only sells limited selection of cookies ($ 4 each), dinner rolls (wheat) ($1 each), breads (pumpkin and banana bread), scones, flatbread. The cookies are their top selling. Can't really sit down and eat, just 3--4 stools are available.

One of my friend claimed that the cookies is the best in the world. And it passed my kids' taste testing too. So good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“A lot of hype for a cookie.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros:
- It's a great cookie

Cons:
- Calm down, it's just a cookie.

How is this number 3? This is a great cookie, I tried the Walnut Choc chip, Double choc and my friend had a choc chip so if you want a great cookie head here. They are big and gooey and fresh from the oven and nice and thick.

But my problem is...it's just a cookie. If you are a good baker and put a lot of butter and sugar and chocolate and then add more butter and perhaps some more sugar and then top it off with a final knob of butter and some sugar you will get a great cookie. Maybe it's an NYC thing?

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A piece of paradise in UWS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Once a month I used to go to this amazing heaven place and enjoy the craze for these cookies!!
The location is hidden from tourists and it doesn't even fit 3 ppl inside, but i find it cozy and absolutely higher in quality.
Being a daughter of a baker makes me very selective in pastries qualities and I can proudly say this is the best place in ny for organic and delicious cakes!

• Visited December 2012