“So very, very, VERY good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11,588 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
toronto
“So very, very, VERY good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I saw this place on TV and thought, yeah right, it's a cookie. How good could it be? Well, it's pretty darn good! It could be the best cookie I've ever eaten. In fact, it was so good I refused to bring one home to my kids for fear that this cookie will forever be the standard for cookies in our home and right now they think mine are the best cookies on the planet! I'll let them think that for a little while longer...but I'll know the truth!
In other words...go! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
westchester
“Amazing product”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Every time I go into manhattan my family makes me get this amazing product. However this is not your typical thin and crispy cookie. I'd call it a cross between a cookie and a brownie.

• Visited June 2013
Chatham, United Kingdom
“The rumours are true- Amazing cookies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First day in NYC and I decided I had to check out this tiny bakery which has generated such rave reviews.

Good coffee, beautiful cookies and pastries. Oatmeal and raisin was one of the tastiest (and largest) cookies I have ever tried. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
melbourne
“Side trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading all the rave reviews from Trip Advisor cookie lovers, I could not leave NY without a side trip to this bakery. In the summer heat, it was not easy to convince my companions to go down at the 72nd W metro stop, then walk two blocks towards 74th st, then walk two long blocks past Columbus avenue to get to the tiny bakery. We knew we were on the right track when we saw people walking in the opposite direction eating cookies. I bought some choc chip walnut and dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies to take away which they put in a nice box. I cannot resist ordering an extra cookie to eat on the way to Central Park. It really tasted great, crispy and firm on the outside and soft on the inside with gooey chocolate oozing in the afternoon sun. You will need napkins and a bottle of water. I plan to return to Levain next time I am in NY and this time will try their banana bread and cake slices.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A cookie with some weight behind it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I don't go here often, but I usually look to buy their cookies as gifts or treats to out of towners - only because I can't finish a cookie by myself. Delicious flavor and it's packed in their. Each cookie weighs a figurative ton, but seriously I feel like each one weighs 1/4 lb. if not more.

The price I can deal with - NYC average. But I wish there was a chocolate chip one without nuts and a plain sugar variety - snickerdoodle, sugar, lemon and bluberries maybe? or even a seasonal cookie would be nice. If they sold their cookies in miniature versions, maybe 3 minis for the same price as the normal one?

Visited July 2013