“Bold, beautiful flavors” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8,179 of 11,748 Restaurants in New York City
Long Island, NY
“Bold, beautiful flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

My husband and I went there for an early dinner yesterday. We were a bit disappointed with the overall running of the place. We were the only customers in the restaurant to start so it wasn’t because they were too busy.

There were many small things that we chalked up to the staff being new and not polished yet….we asked to be seated at a table for 4 instead of 2 and there was hesitancy to seat us even though we were the ONLY patrons there. …our wine bottle was taken away before it was finished…my first selection was the Free Range Chicken which I was later informed they had been out of for a couple of days…things like that. You could see the confusion in many instances but luckily, the food really made up for those small inconveniences.

We had the Spinach Salad for our appetizer. Deliciously different! It had a smoky, bar-b-que flavor. I am not a bar-b-que person but this really worked well and I enjoyed every mouthful.

For our entrees we had the Sea Bass and the Hanger Steak. Oh, my gosh, was the Sea Bass delicious!! Perfectly seared with a crunch on the outside and still being very moist and soft on the inside. His combination of flavors is outstanding. The couscous had a taste of honey and bits of coconut. The Hanger steak was good too.

Didn’t get to dessert as the portions were ample. Go now before he is “discovered” and you can’t get a seat!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Crave is the spot! This...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

Crave is the spot! This new Ceviche and Wine bar on 50th and 2nd packs in so much flavor that you have no choice but to enjoy. The ambiance is great for a date, meeting a friend or just to relax. The food is unbelievable and the wine is fantastic. All this at a gerat price. Definitely check it out!