“we loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neptune

Neptune
194 1st Ave, New York City, NY 10009 (East Village)
212-777-4163
Neighborhood: East Village
florida
“we loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

my sister and I stumbled upon this place while walking . the potato perigees are great , cheese are sweet and we didn't care for them . potato pancakes were great . good service

Visited March 2014

New York City, New York
“great local find - will be a regular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

polish menu of American items - great breakfast. great service, taste and value, wife has the most expensive omelet with egg whites and veggies. I had 2 eggs. both came with toast and potato and coffee juice. then we went all out and got a side of kielbasa with my eggs and a half order of perogi. all was great and just to put icing on the cake the bill came to $12.80. Gave the waitress a $20 and said to keep the change - so appreciative - could have gone to a $20+ per person brunch and been so less satisfied. This place made us happy and full

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great Polish Homemade Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

On our way out of NYC we stopped at Neptune's (Former KK's) for brunch. As usual they did not disappoint. This is the place to go for hearty, no nonsense, delicious homemade Polish food.
I had the $12.95 Farmer's Platter which included roast pork, 1/2 kielbasa, potato dumplings and sauerkraut. Needless to say we did not make it to dessert.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Covers basics of Polish cuisine well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had dinner here and left very satisfied. It was a cold, rainy winter night when what your body needs is to leave its typical diet and dive into a warm, cozy meal. This place is casual and serves the basics of Polish cooking: potato pancakes, stuffed cabbage, kielbasa and soups. We ordered a sampler and liked it very much. For dessert we ordered palacsinka - or what they call blitzes. It is basically a crepe stuffed with sweetened farmer's cheese. Don't bother with the fruit flavors (unless you are really keen on it). Take it from an Eastern European: just the sweetened cheese is enough. Delicious.

Nice people working there, food came quickly.

Would return again.

Sweden
“Simple and good traditional Polish food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I like Polish food, so I wanted to give this restaurant a try. The food was tasty, the portions were generous and I enjoyed it. My main complain is that the service was slightly slow and erratic. For example, I got my main course first and then five minute later they came with the soup.

I could compare the food at Neptune with the one they serve at nice 'milk bars' in Warsaw. It is important to note that the food is not exactly gourmet quality, but is good enough (especially taking into account the reasonable prices they charge).

I would be happy to eat here again.

• Visited October 2013