“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Stanton Social

The Stanton Social
99 Stanton Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)
+1 212-995-0099
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stanton Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #741 of 11,181 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Tapas, Family Fare, American, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Between Orchard and Ludlow
Description: Chef/owner Chris Santos has teamed up with Tao owner Richard Wolf, and the James Beard 'Best New Restaurant Design' award winning firm AvroKo, to create The Stanton Social, a staple and neighborhood favorite of the Lower East Side. The design of this three level hot spot tips it's hat to the neighborhood's garment history and offers diners a culinary odyssey. All menu items are designed for sharing, offering guests a chance to experience multiple dishes and flavors throughout their meal. In addition to its 120 seats, The Stanton Social offers a lounge and bar on the upper level, featuring guest DJs. Dishes range from $9-$30 each.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went here for a friends 30th birthday trip. We all live in London. The food is small bites and quite tasty. An enjoyable evening. I would say it was above average and quite good. The food came our quite sporadic therefore wish a few dishes would have come out together, that was my only gripe. But overall I liked the place

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

london
“Stanton Social - French Onion Soup Dumplings, amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a recent trip to NY we went here for lunch, Sunday afternoon with no reservation and we still managed to get a table straight away (although New York friends tell me this is unusual, best to book). The restaurant is smaller than I expected but we didn't feel squashed in at all.

Our waiter was really friendly and helpful, provided some fab recommendations, service was relaxed and not rushed at all. As with most places serving these small plates food comes out as and when it's ready. They recommend 3 or 4 plates each but I think this is too much, for lunch we shared 4 plates between two and this was perfect for lunch.

The standard of food here was top notch, I can't pick a fault With any of the dishes we tried! All the reviews I had seen raved about the French Onion Soup dumplings, for good reason, they were amazing; oozy, cheesy, soft and crispy, totally delicious. Next up was the red snapper, chilli and Mango snapper, flavours were light, fresh and zingy. We also had the mini croque Monsieur, and pulled pork, both were delicious and washed down with a cocktail this was the perfect lunchtime treat.

Next time in New York I will definitely go back, and try to get a booking on an evening

Dublin
“Make sure you find time to eat here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is the food is to die for ... Brunch is all sharing plates for two which only adds to the fab experience. The cocktails are gorgeous but pricey. Even if you only have a flying visit to New York this really is a must do ! The atmosphere is amazing and the decor is funky and stylish. You will want to return I promise !

Dublin, Ireland
“Great fun place with excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate an early meal on Sunday evening just gone. To start for himself two basil gimlets (probably the best cocktail I've ever tried, I cannot wait til this baby comes so I can go back to drnk one or several!). We ordered six dishes as we were starving and had had no lunch, totally over ordered but what's new there! To start the wok charred edamame (v good), the potato and goat cheese pierogies (to die for! Although if im to be pedantic they were meant to have truffle creme Fraiche and I couldn't taste much truffle n the creme Fraiche), snapper tacos (I liked, he loved; it worked out well as we didn't fight over the last one, I had an extra pierogie, he had an extra taco- win/win).

These three came together followed by a break, during which time I stupidly said to my partner I'm not sure if we've ordered enough as I'm still starving, oh how stupid I felt fifteen minutes later! We shared one of the Kobe sliders (AMAZING!), the short rib taco (a bit blah, too much short rib, a bit lacking in flavour, needed more spice, more guac, more salsa, more something..), the chicken waffles and a portion of the best fries I've ever tasted, bar none. The chicken waffle excited me the most on the menu, but while I wasn't mad on the finished product, himself liked it. The chicken was a little overlooked, underseasoned, and the corn and waffle combo was a bit too sweet, it needed coriander, spicing, something to stop it tasting like a dessert with a piece of dry chicken on top. Donuts to end, and I was defeated, thank god we ate at 6pm so I had time to digest before falling into a food coma fifteen minutes into the latest breaking bad episode (gutted!). A reasonably priced meal, it came to about $140, for two gimlets, a glass of Malbec, a tea and all of the above. Will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“You have to go!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Probably one of the best restaurants I've been to this past year, I would even saying top 5 ever.
I honestly can't criticize anything about this restaurant.
From the friendly and knowledgable service, to the impeccably creative and fresh food to the laid-back, modern speakeasy atmosphere, drinks, etc, etc, etc... Perfection.

You will miss a great NY restaurant if you don't check it out.

Will return on my next visit for sure.

Highlight: strong martinis, lamb skewers, fish tacos and all the desserts. Perfect portions to share. Location very hip.