“Quietly tucked away, a fantastically worthwhile spot for a meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Owl

Little Owl
90 Bedford St, New York City, NY 10014-3764 (Manhattan)
212-741-4695
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
Denver, Colorado
“Quietly tucked away, a fantastically worthwhile spot for a meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was just walking around downtown and realized I was in the neighborhood near the Little Owl. Since I figured I might not have the chance to eat there most often due to heavy bookings, I just chanced it and stopped by in the mid-afternoon. They were shortly ending their lunch service, but offered me a single seat at the cramped bar. I don't care if I was hanging upside by my ears, honestly. What a great lunch! The service was awesome and attentive, even for a place as wildly busy as it was. My burger was one of the best I've had, and I think I'm kind of a connoisseur. This was definitely an awesome, unexpected surprise. I LOVE IT when a restaurant lives up to the hype. Many have not, The Little Owl, definitely did.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Haven, Connecticut
“Spectacular Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would highly recommend this restaurant for brunch. My boyfriend and I enjoyed our brunch on a nice spring Sunday. We were promptly seated without reservations. The food was delicious. I ordered the whole wheat pancakes with fresh fruit, which were divine. My boyfriend ordered a burger, which was reported to be perfectly cooked and juicy. I didn't have any of the burger, but certainly enjoyed stealing his french fries. The staff/servers were incredibly attentive and polite. It is in such a cute neighborhood with some significant landmarks around (F.r.i.e.n.d.s building and the most narrowest apartment in NY). It is certainly a must and I look forward to going back for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon feast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Loved the location and size of this tiny little restaurant, food was excellent - the team went out of their way to make the night a special one, with a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival!

Visited March 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Just happened upon this gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had read the glowing reviews, but didn't expect to dine here on our recent trip. Was thrilled when we happened upon it as we strolled thru a street fair in The Village. We weren't very hungry but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity and they had just opened for brunch. Hooray for us!! My sister and I shared the beignets and the meatball sliders. Both were delicious, but the meatball sliders are something special. Try them!! Restaurant is small and quaint, service was lovely. Would return.

• Visited May 2013
“An absolute GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you can get in, I would highly recommend this neighborhood spot. Delicious food, great service and while you wait for your seat you can venture to one of the cute wine bars around the corner or in the area.

Visited March 2013