“No noise!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Night Hotel New York

You added Night Hotel New York to your Saves list
Night Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #216 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Easton, Pennsylvania
“No noise!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Certainly not the largest rooms or bathrooms but very comfortable beds. What really amazed me was that we were on the sixth floor toward the rear of the building and we did not hear one bite of noise from the very load function they were having in the dining room and no street noise. Given that this hotel is a stones throw from Times Square the lack of outside noise was amazing! Bathroom had a shower, no tub. We did have to get them to send up wash clothes as there was only one in the unit. For ice you need to call the front desk as there are no ice machines available. The room came with a stocked mini-refrigerator (water, drinks, snacks) but we did not use it. Read their information at checkin as it does say that they can assess your $30.00 if you put your own items in the refrigerator. Can not comment on the restaurant as we did not use it. They have wifi but I think there is a daily charge. Just up the street is a Starbucks and across the street is a deli. Around the corner is the Hard Rock Cafe and Bubba Gump's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear divearnd,

Thank you for your constructive feedback about your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and how quiet our hotel is.

pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter and I had a girls weekend in NYC and stayed for 1 night at this hotel. The staff were great and so was the room! It was a very convenient location, close to the theatres and time square. We loved the valet parking too. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kathryn C,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay with us! I’ll be sure to relay your comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

A week before I arrived at the Night Hotel I contacted the reception to determine whether I could get an early check-in as I was arriving from South Africa at 11am. I did not get a response which was not a good start. When I arrived at the hotel, the staff at the front desk were not particularly friendly and did not make an effort to check if I could get a room earlier - which is a travelers worst nightmare after having traveled for approx 23 hrs. I had to hang around for about 4 hours for a room. I told the staff to then call me when my room was ready as I was just going to wait in the restaurant til the room was ready.

I ended up spending some time in the restaurant which I have to say was wonderful. The restaurants host and his staff were lovely and a pleasant surprise from the staff at the front desk to the hotel.

Staff at reception never bothered to call me to tell me when my room was ready - I had to approach them several times to see whether the room was ready.

The room was lovely and the bed super comfortable-the decor and the bedding were the best things about this hotel as it has a very unique feel. Love the gothic theme!

The people who represent the hotel were nothing to rave home about.

Show some effort, you are in the industry of hospitality and people engagement.

Overpriced for the level of service marketed and expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Chevara N,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor,
I apologize for the inconvenience during your check in. Please rest assured that I addressed this issue with my staff and I am convinced that a situation like this will never happen in the future.
We are glad that you enjoyed the room and the theme of the hotel.
If you would like to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to e-mail me directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com and I will be more than happy to personally take care of your reservation.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Super hotel with réal good atmosphere
Idéally placed to discover NY
Design is cool and sexy
Rooms are confortable
Services are ok and in Line with promises
You will enjoy
We will return for sure in NY and surely again in that hotel

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Vinbay,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and the service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Night is a trendy, modern boutique hotel close to Times Square. Should you decide to stay here, you are easily within walking distance to most "tourist" attractions.

I stayed for two nights for business have already booked a return stay. The quality of service at the front desk was excellent and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear ChachaXIV,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

POSITIVES: Location--very Central (heavy on construction across the street.) Good restaurant (VERY low lighting) in the hotel and a well-known and high-end steak house with outdoor seating area next door. The housekeeping, front-desk, and front staff were pleasant and tried to be helpful. LACKING: (was only there for two nights, so this may not be the 'norm'): Doorman or anyone to help bring my bags in from the car upon arrival. I booked the reservation via a hotel booking website, and was told upon arrival that there was an issue with my booking. The bottom line: After showing the manager several confirmations including one from the Night Hotel itself, both the reservation and rate were honored.
Room: Clean overall. However, the room smelled strongly of smoke-the hotel staff offered to move me, but not until the next day as they were sold out. The window frame was broken (bolt missing). The linens clean overall, but a plastic duvet cover between duvet and sheets would help. No In-Room Safe, No on-site Fitness Center, and No Free WiFi--the internet service was barely existent (so slow that dial-up would have seemed fast. The front desk said "definitely being worked on" but were still going to charge $10.00 per day for the service! When I complained, they ultimately did not charge). Sexiest Hotel? I would describe as more 'Bordello.' For the positives and the lacking, better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the Street (noise), and the hotel was very accommodating.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear nylondon,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Night Hotel new York.
Please allow me to inform you that we take feedback from our guests very seriously and since your stay actions have been taken to address some of the issues that you experienced.
We have ordered much faster internet service. New safes for all rooms have been ordered. We now offer a complimentary passes to the best fitness club in New York City - Equinox Rockefeller Center.
We will also have many more changes coming in the near future. I am sure that during your next trip to New York City we will be able to offer you service and facilities that would meet your expectations.
I will be happy to assist you with your reservation, please e-mail directly at pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com.

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for business, shopping and a show. Loved it! The front desk staff is very nice. Amazing location 1/2 a block from the hustle and excitement of Times Square you find this black and white funky oasis. The rooms and design are so cool! The beds are amazing. Very clean.

The only negative I could find is no coffee maker in the room, but Starbucks is two doors away. We also had great bagels and fruit at the deli across the street.

We had drinks and sushi in the hotel bar and it was delicious!

Stayed in a King room #77 on front of hotel and would choose that room again. I loved the hotel so much I don't want to tell too many people about it! I don't want it to become too popular so I can't get a room. Lol!

Two thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2013
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear katrocity,

Thank you for a wonderful review of your stay at Night Hotel New York.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the comfort and decor of our rooms.
Please feel free to contact me directly before your next trip to NYC and I will be happy to assist you with the reservation.

Kind regards

pkomorowski@nighthotelny.com

Been to Night Hotel New York? Share your experiences!