“Damage air condition, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 48th Street, Times Square, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #352 of 452 hotels in New York City
“Damage air condition, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Was there for 6 days, good location but my room was 90 degrades, changed room the first second day the lady at front desk that act like she was the owner, bad attitud, rude, told me that they can give me a fan or check out if i want to....really??? It was 9 pm on Sunday and she didtn offer me to change rooms till after i got very mad, i was with my spouse and the solution was to get two separate rooms... The next day the manager didnt do much.
Dont recomended, you can get better service in other hotel or at least AC.

Stayed August 2014

1,896 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Greek first
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Never choose this hotel.
Starting with the reception, where the desk lady was unpleasant, cold and she dismissed us as if we were disturbing her. The problem is that all of the staff from the reception was like this.
The only good thing: location, otherwise, a disaster. Dirty room, mold on the walls, dirty carpet. We entered the bathroom and found the shower curtain, alongside the stick that was supposed to keep it, down on the floor and this is because there was no system to keep it in place. Small bathroom, shriveled paint on the walls, dirty, used and stained towels. We were very happy we only had to stay for one night. Honestly, i would rather stay farther from Times Square, but in a cleaner room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, yesterday
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Glen Cove, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I did not stay in this hotel but visited friends who were staying there. We went to the bar for drinks. The bartender Ling is a master mixologist! He made the best Cosmo I've ever had! Wouldn't stay at this hotel tho...the rooms were way too small!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our bartender. We do have a variety of rooms types available including deluxe rooms and suites.

doha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed in several BW hotels before but this was the lowest when it comes to facilities and room size in comparison to the paid rate ( NY hotels are expensive and its a fact ). The only good point was location being within time square area and steps from 50th str subway station. Service at reception was not great finding a great difficulty locating shipped packages for 5 days while they already had it since day one ! Don't expect to get any nice view of time square .

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our great location. We are located right in the heart of Times Square which is close to all of the major attractions.We are glad that you have chosen to stay with us. We do offer larger different room types including suites.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Stay away from this hotel if you want good value for money and like your holidays or vacation with happy memories. Day Staff here are nightmares! Stayed in this hotel on 15th July - 18th July 2014, my huge regret and felt robbed the chances of staying in a better hotel due to following:

1. Staff attitude: This hotel doesn't care about improving the client service attitude of its staff. Too many bad reviews about staff, but still I found out during my stay that its true. Lady from reception desk is rude, abrupt and uncaring, no smiles. But I observed that she becomes nice when checking out, waiting for tip which she doesn't deserve.
2. Complaints resolution skill: I complained of bathtub not draining well. But they did not do anything. Asked to change room for higher level since. I paid huge amount of money but no effort been done. Requested for 2 twin beds but they said that I have to pay for it again.
3. Room aircon is very noisy and very cold or very hot, not very good control.
4. Window blind is very thin unable to shield the lights from outside. People outside can see inside.
5. Lift/elevator are squeaky old and very slow
6. Room is very tiny, old and gets damp due to ventilation system. There are some hotels with bigger spaces for the money I paid for this hotel.
7. Bathroom amenities: very small, no spaces to put my toiletries, their provided toiletries are not even good for dogs grooming.
8. Breakfast: no free breakfast, this is extra pay. I don't know why website published free breakfast. The selection is ok, but their staff don't even smile and unfriendly.
9. Hotel lobby is not inviting ambience for drinking and relaxation after a whole day of city exploring. Smells bad too, they could at least put a nice automatic spray scent.
10. Location: This is the only plus factor in this hotel, if you like to stay within Times Square and Broadway. Its 5 min walk to Times Square and 15 minutes walk to Broadway show district. But there are too many hotels better than this which is within this area.
11. I used booking.com for this hotel. It said that my credit card will not get charged and I will pay the hotel directly. But they provided my credit card to the hotel which charged my account 3 months prior to my stay. Very sneaky and dishonest.
I hope this helps my fellow travellers.

Stayed July 2014
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 nights from Aug 3-Aug7, 2014 for a business trip. I really love the place due to the location. It is just steps away from Times Square (half a block to M&M store), is closed to restarants, convenience stores and everything.

The room is clean and its size is OK (not big but not small). Bathroom is a bit outdated but I did not care much about that. The air con also works well too and no noise disturbing from outside. Also, Free wifi here.

Staffs are also very nice and friendly. I would recommend any one to staying here.

Room Tip: Request the room at the higher level to avoid the noise from the street as it is located in Times sq...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and our great location. We are in the heart of Times Square.

We hope to see you next time you visit NYC!

Thank you again!
howell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I like Best Western as a chain because of the consistency of the brand. And while you don't get the customary free breakfast at this Best Western, it is literally in the heart of Manhattan. It is a quirky little hotel with the charm of a NYC boutique hotel. There is free wi-if, nice tv s, I like the linens, the rooms are usually clean but they always fall short on stupid stuff. On my most recent stay, the clock didnt work (3rd time I've stayed in this hotel in a room with a broken clock). They couldn't give me a replacement bedside clock either. I couldn't have my phone at the bedside because like most Best Westerns, they intentionally prevent you from plugging anything in at the bedside. I don't know about you, but I need to charge my phone over night. So it has to sit on the other side of the room....and then all night I have no idea what time it is....annoying. Also, when I called to say the air conditioning wasn't working really well, a maintenance man was sent right up, I wish I could post the picture, the a/c wasn't working well because the filter in the unit looked as if it hadn't been cleaned or changed in 30 years. GROSS. Also, the lighting in all the rooms is terrible, bring your own lighted mirror if you need to apply make up!!! And some of the lamps are always missing light bulbs. These are all problems that are so easily remedied. Buy new cheap clocks, make sure every room has working light bulbs and routinely clean your HVAC systems!!! They could do a lot better for their customers, especially if they want repeat business.

Room Tip: The king room 1529 has a fun steam room double shower!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback.

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Best Western President Hotel. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the air-conditioning, clock radios and light bulbs. We thank you very much for your helpful and reasonable criticism. We are always looking to improve.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square? Share your experiences!