“Another vote for the President!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 48th Street, Times Square, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #355 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Connecticut
“Another vote for the President!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was my second visit to the Best Western President having visited here in 2011, and another positive experience! I was once again wowed with the lobby decor and AMAZED at what I will always remember as the speediest check in ever! The front desk swiped my credit card, handed me a room key and I was in my room in minutes!! This trip, my room was small (but a little large than most NYC rooms), but very clean and tidy. I wish I had not been given a room directly in front of the elevators (which meant hearing voices of other guests waiting for the elevator quite often). And I wish I had hot water in the shower (It was warm, not hot)--but I'm sure this was an isolated incident. Best of all is the location of this hotel--just off Times Sq, but closer to 8th avenue. JUST PERFECT! I absolutely will stay here again. The location, the value, the design--certainly consider the President!

Room Tip: Room 628 was just off the elevators. You might want to ask the front desk to avoid giving you a room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

They do not fit in a double bed ! Make sure you book a king size bed . Otherwise the rooms are small but well appointed with ironing board and hairdryer. Location is perfect for theater district . They now serve an adequate breakfast for $14 with very limited space. No individual special attention here! You are part of the crowd. But for the price this is fine. Internet is iffy at times.
At all times of the day you will find cleaning carts or vacuum cleaners in the hall near the elevator. It does not give you a good feeling somehow.

Room Tip: Room 324 is small with a double bed on a noisy street but on a L shape end of hallway ,only one adja...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Ondine21,

Thank you for your review of our property. Thank you for mentioning our great location. We do have larger rooms available such as our Deluxe rooms and Suites if you require more room and larger beds. We hope you will stay with us again if you ever come back to New York in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great hotel with a great location right in the middle of Theater District. Great Staff, Suny at front desk is the Best. Her genuine warmth and welcoming smile are always there to greet you, and make you feel at home. Always stay here when we are in NYC because of Suny.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear 277alfredt,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Suny is a great employee and we are glad to have her here. I will be sure to pass on your comments to her.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here last year with my family. The location of this hotel was great. You are just a few minutes walk from times square. The rooms were small but very clean. The staff were amazing and nothing was a bother to them. Great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear tootie212,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning our great location and friendly staff.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Room clean but very small. Bathroom tiny. Housekeeping inconsistent when answering requests for towels and washcloths. (Only one each day altho two staying in room.) To be fair, we did not contact front desk with our requests but left note for maid.

But the best news: it is ideally situated in the theater district and close to bus stops and subway for exploring museums and other attractions. Even with small annoyances I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear xylophoneandsSax,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning our great location. I am sorry you did not receive enough towels during your stay. I will be talking to our Housekeeping Department to correct this.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in NY.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have jusr arrived from NYC, staying in a twin beds room at this hotel.
My experience has been really good. We were at 12th floor and everything was even better tan expected: clean, stylish, in the very heart of the city and a very good Price found thanks to booking

Room Tip: We could see that - maybe- twin beds rooms are a bit bigger. From the hotel you can ask for a shuttl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kebarim,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning our great location and value.

We hope you will stay with us again if you ever come back to the big apple.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in several Best Western Hotels across the country, mostly BW Plus, and can say this one is just doesn't have the crisp touches required by the brand. The level of cleanliness is only slightly below par, but certainly could be improved. Some notables: a lobby floor which stayed uncleaned all weekend and some minor mold issues in the bathroom. The real problem is upkeep of the rooms. The shabby tattered furniture, spots of walls in half state of repair,and several issues in my room. I don't like calling for help, but had no choice because the TV wouldn't change channels;neither with a remote nor manually. The fix required a master remote and simple reprogram of channels, but should have been attended to before the room was released. The guy also went behind the bed to plug in my nightstand lamp. Again ,it should have been checked by housekeeping. The rattly,rusty, tattered and dirty air conditioning unit hardly worked , but I didn't have time for another interruption, so I just suffered. The Lobby looks as though it was remodeled within 5 years, and the decor is not entirely offensive. The decor in the halls, however, well forgive the phrase favored by my teenage kids ,but OMG LOL .They have purple ceilings and trim with the gaudiest purple flower print wallpaper ever manufactured......But hey it is in Times Square....You can walk to the theatre. Just wouldn't be fair to the others who do follow brand standards if I were to not complain.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear chad h,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have managers on duty most of the day to try and help you through every challenge. If you would like to speak with me further about your stay please contact me at 212-632-9006.

Best Western President Hotel at Times Square, New York City

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square? Share your experiences!