Friends and I recently stayed at this hotel, and the best part of our stay, was how close the hotel was to Times Square. It was so easy to get around the city from here!
The service at the hotel was really horrible. The staff did not make you feel welcome at all. Our check in was done by Alfonso, who was rude, and did actually tell us anything about the hotel, just handed us a bit paper. When asked where the lift was and how to get to our room, he pointed behind us and very sarcastically said "there". We asked for tea bags and milk, and we given a couple of tea bags and was told there was no chance of us getting any milk.
The next morning we waited for up to 5 minutes at the front desk before we were actually acknowledged by the night manager, and all we wanted was some directions on which subway train to catch to get the Statue of Liberty ferry.
Later in the week, I asked reception, and once Alfonso was on, to help us book a shuttle to the airport. He looked at me, pointed to my hand in which I was holding my phone, and he told me I can book a shuttle on my phone. He did not want to help at all.
I was eventually told that concierge could help me tomorrow. When speaking with the concierge the next day, he looked half asleep at his desk, and blatantly told us there was no chance in us ever getting a taxi as we were leaving so early in the morning, so the only thing to do would be to get a private car. We felt so ripped off the next morning when we were waiting for our private car, and numerous taxis drove past the hotel.
The standards of housekeeping were not much better. Everyday there was something that was not replaced. First it started with the cups, then it was the face washers an hand towels. If we wanted them, we had to ask, and that always felt as if we were bugging them.
Although, the staff were happy to give us extra towels an shampoo.
There was a day when our beds were not made properly, and that a pillow case, and other linen that were clearly not for our room, were left by housekeeping in our room.
Our room was always so hot, that we had to keep a window open all the time, just so it could cool down slightly.
As people who work in the hospitality industry, the standard of service was not very good, and management should really look at this, and especially with the way housekeeping clean stay rooms.
If we ever provided the service we received in our workplaces, we would not have a job today.
If we were ever to return to NYC, we will not be staying at this hotel, and will certainly not be recommending this property to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location in the heart of Times Square, steps from Broadway Theaters, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building-Guest rooms featuring; free wireless internet, flat screen televisions, free local phone calls, in-room coffee makers, i-home docking stations, complimentary weekday newspaper, in-room safe. On-Site Fitness Center, Business Center, Conference Room- Two Restaurants, Lobby Bar, Room Service - 44 Suites with sleeper sofas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western President Hotel New York
- Best Western Nyc
- Best Western Hotel Nyc
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Best Western President New York