Following a traumatic arrival in New York when my wife was taken to hospital following an accident at Penn Station I arrived at the hotel at around 1.30 in the morning. The foyer and reception area was pleasant and well lit; the person at the reception desk was extremely helpful.
Best Western take $100 deposit on a credit card for every room. Considering how many rooms they own; at any one time they must have a considerable amount of other people's money in their coffers. A handy way to make money with no effort.
The room was cold; I got into bed and managed some sleep. Next morning I got the air conditioner/heater to work properly; I never managed this again during our stay. I also found an extra blanket.
I went down to the foyer and explained my position to the baggage staff; I needed to return to Penn Station and than go to the hospital. They were very helpful when I returned about 45 mins later with our cases.
I then went to the hospital and my wife was discharged. The staff could not have been more sympathetic to her.
So far so good. However the room; although sizable; lacked comfort. It needed decorating; some wallpaper was coming away due to damp; the plugs in the washbasin and bath did not work. There were signs of mildew in the bathroom.
We did not use the dining facilities. The hotel is minutes away from Times Square; there are many excellent facilities nearby. Two of New York's theatres are 30 seconds away.
It's a shame; it could be so much better if only a little money was spent on the place.
One other thing we noticed was the staff seemed to spend a lot of time in the corridors arguing and complaining about wages and conditions. If you pay peanuts...!!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western President Hotel
- Best Western President
- Best Western President Hotel New York
- Best Western Nyc
- Best Western Hotel Nyc
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Best Western President New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location in the heart of Times Square, steps from Broadway Theaters, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building-Guest rooms featuring; free wireless internet, flat screen televisions, free local phone calls, in-room coffee makers, i-home docking stations, complimentary weekday newspaper, in-room safe. On-Site Fitness Center, Business Center, Conference Room- Two Restaurants, Lobby Bar, Room Service - 44 Suites with sleeper sofas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Best Western, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.