This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I traveled with my girlfriend and her friend so we had requested a room with 2 beds. It was our mistake that we initially booked a room with a single bed through orbitz, however we contacted the hotel a few days before the trip and were told that a request would be noted and that it wouldn't be an issue. When we first arrived after traveling all day, the customer service at the front desk was unbelieveably rude. His name was Alphonso and he truly made us hate this hotel from the beginning. He stated they did not have a room with two beds avaliable. Not only that, but the only room they had avaliable was a single double bed. While trying to ask him if we could have a room with a king bed or hop between different rooms for the few days we were at the hotel, Alphonso proceeded to take a phone call instead of helping us and left us standing there twidling our fingers. After he hung up, he looked at us and said well you can either "take what we have or leave". And after I said well that's a pretty rude comment he replied, "let me put this in perspective for you". I then asked to speak with a manager. A female who was standing right next to Alphonso heard our whole conversation and said "I'm the manager". She said, "What's the issue, I heard Alphonso tell you what's avaliable". They then wanted us to pay an extra $10 per night for a blow up mattress which the manager included after I threw a fit at this point. We decided to stay in the hotel for the night because we had no where else to stay and it was 10pm. When we got to our room it was INCREDIBLY SMALL!!! The bed was practically touching the walls. Also it was sooooooo dirty!! There were stains all over the bed sheets and there was 3 shoes under the bed....gross!!! We told the cleaning person who was out in the hallway and he stated, "Oh, forgot to check there". The blankets were thin, brown, and smelly! We checked out in the morning, canceled the rest of the nights at this hotel and stayed our remaining 4 nights at the Marriott Marquis around the block. Yes the Marquis is a little more expensive, but the staff is nicer and the rooms are cleaner and larger. I will never spend another night in a Best Western Property.
P.S. The decor is extremely awkward in this hotel. They slapped up this ugly purple wallpaper and it resembles a weird hostel that you would see in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location in the heart of Times Square, steps from Broadway Theaters, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building-Guest rooms featuring; free wireless internet, flat screen televisions, free local phone calls, in-room coffee makers, i-home docking stations, complimentary weekday newspaper, in-room safe. On-Site Fitness Center, Business Center, Conference Room- Two Restaurants, Lobby Bar, Room Service - 50 Suites with bunk beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your TRYP by Wyndham New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western President Hotel New York
- Best Western Hotel Nyc
- Best Western Nyc
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Best Western President New York