“Perfect location, wonderful family trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 48th Street, Times Square, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #355 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Wellsville, New York
“Perfect location, wonderful family trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were very pleased with our recent stay at The Presidential Best Western. The location could not have been better. It is right next to Times Square, Broadway, and many more family attractions. From the front desk to the cleaning staff, to the hotel manager, everyone was very friendly and helpful. They made our stay perfect in every way! We were very pleased with the size of our room (the beds were very comfortable). The bathroom was very large and clean. We will plan on staying at the Best Western on our next trip to NYC in the very near future.

Room Tip: If you will be traveling with children, let the staff know, they made sure we had the perfect room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

the last straw and reason I am writing, The hotel staff decided to use one of 3 elevators to deliver towels Monday morning when people are trying to get downstairs to leave or check-out (with luggage). Overall I found the staff unfriendly with two exceptions. The room itself is a style I like, but sadly it ended. The bathroom had hair (head and pubic) on the floor, the towels were tossed on the rack in the shower. The shower it self was dirt, but the water hot and strong. The AC ran constantly making the room so cold I had to getup through the night to drink water because my throat was so sore. The unit was condensing the water out of the air, making it very dry and forming a puddle on the floor. The furniture was in disrepair, and oddly placed. the desk as at the end of the bed, so you could not use the desk chair.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BWTimesSquareNYC, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting me personally in regards to your recent stay. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations and look forward to another opportunity on your return trip to New York City.

Sincerely
Jay Dean

Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I took my daughter on a "Daddy/Daughter" trip to New York for a couple of days to do some school shopping. We stayed at the Best Western Plus President Hotel at Times Square from August 8th-10th.
It was great! Our room was on the 4th floor. It was very clean. The beds were comfortable. We really didn't pay any attention to the room size. It was a non-issue. The location was perfect. Time Square was 1 block away!!! We could not find anything wrong with this hotel. Our room was cleaned and beds were made each day. We would come in from a long day of walking and pass-out in clean comfort. We knew we were not going to eat at the hotel, we had this whole thing planned out. We want to thank the hotel staff for a great visit and we will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on a girly shopping weekend as part of a package deal with BA.
This hotel wasn't our first choice, but there wasn't anything wrong with it. Slightly impersonal with lots of glass and space in the communal areas. We passed on the restaurant as it was expensive, but with the world at your doorstep that wasn't a problem!
The staff were polite and friendly but it felt more like a hotel geared for business clientele rather than tourists.
There are cheaper, friendlier hotels we've stayed in on previous trips that cater for those looking for that New York experience!

• Stayed September 2011
Dothan, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We knew we wanted to be near Times Square and this hotel met that requirement. I have always had good luck with Best Western and picked this one despite some reviews saying that the rooms were small.

The good
The location is excellent - 2 minute walk to Broadway theaters, 1 minute to Times Square, short 15 minute walk downtown to Penn Station
The room size was good on the 15th floor, others may be smaller
The decor was nice
The housekeeping staff on the 15th floor was very friendly

The not as good
The front desk staff was fairly unplesant
The porters were not friendly
While adequate, the AC was a window unit rigged in place
The shower did not seal well and turned the floor into a swimming pool
The breakfast that you can pay $17/ea for is basically the standard freebie breakfast of cereal and donuts

Room Tip: Go higher on the floor and try to get a room on the front for a better view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
las cruces nm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The room ended up being fine. We had a King bed and it was decorated with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and John and Jackie Kennedy. The housekeepers had cleaned the room and the air conditioner worked well. The bed passed my wife's inspection and she slept well which is a real compliment to the bed. Staff was pleasant except on check in (more later). The restaurant next door was good and the lobby bar was fun. The location is awesome and it was nice to be able to just pop back to the hotel for a break.
I decided to stay at this hotel because I had a free night and I booked a second night which weirdly was a separate reservation. I booked one night at the free stay rate that I earned by staying in Best Western in the 3 nights and a free night promotion. Last year they would only honor the free night at the lowest tiered hotels but this year they accepted the voucher. Was a little nervous about the reviews. Sure enough when I checked in the clerk tried to put me in a double bed instead of a King. I had the reservation on my phone and every time I handed it to her to show her that it was supposed to be a King she scrolled off and set she could not see it. I asked for the manager and then they tried to tell me that it was a mistake and someone had a name similar to mine. My name is very unusual and they had my ID and credit card. But I was given a nice room and all was good after that.

Room Tip: West side rooms have more sun.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Let me start out by saying, for the price, this hotel was excellent. Having stayed at the Hilton New York (EXCELLENT), I am NOT comparing the two with this distinction, but instead saying that, in this price range, my wife and I were extremely happy. I would guess that most reviewers of this hotel thought they were getting the Hilton New York for Best Western prices. That's not how it works. We were on a budget this time around and we stayed about 200 feet away from Broadway, 2 nights, for less than $475. That's a steal. AND the Best Western gives a discount on parking at a garage around the corner: $30/car $40/SUV per 24 hours. That's a steal. They offer a breakfast buffet in the lobby, which doesn't offer much, for $16 a person. Ok...that's highway robbery. BUT, we would leave each morning, walk 2-3 blocks to Au Bon Pain and enjoy an amazing breakfast for 2 for under $20...in NYC. That's a steal.

You can't beat the location for the price (right in the middle of everything). The beds were soft and offer 4 full-body pillows (and 2 huge decorative ones). We arrived early for a matinee and requested an early check-in. The staff was very willing to accommodate us, but because we had reserved one of the few King deluxe rooms, it was not ready. But the staff was friendly/helpful and willing to try for us. The bellman took good care of our stuff for us, so it all worked out fine. Compared to other rooms I've stayed in NYC, yes the room was small. However, for the location, the quality and at the rate you're paying, this is what we expected...and we were very happy. The A/C worked GREAT in our room. We like it cold at night and it worked fantastically for us. The room/hotel was quiet (at least on the 14th floor). We could hear sirens and some street noise...but you're in NEW YORK CITY!

My advice - if you're looking for an immaculate, huge room with no problems, no noise, a stone's throw away from the busiest street in America, surrounded by theatres, restaurants and shops...don't stay here. Also, don't stay anywhere in New York. If you're going to skimp on price, then you'll lose some of the bigger pluses of the high-end/high-cost chains. Don't blame Best Western for being a $200 a night hotel when you're paying $200 a night. Be glad you can find something of this quality for that price so close to everything. It was just me and my wife together and we had a great stay. If the kids were with us, it would not have worked (at least in the type of room we had). But since you're hardly ever in your hotel in NYC anyway, it worked great. When we travel back, we will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a Deluxe room - preferably King (if it works for your arrangement). They'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square? Share your experiences!