“best hotel in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 48th Street, Times Square, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #357 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Syracuse, New York
“best hotel in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

From the minute you walk in to the minute you live you feel at home and there is nothing more you can ask for out of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I attend the Westminster Dog Show every year and had stayed at the Best Western President Hotel at Times Square this year and last year. The hotel is in an excellent location, it is clean and the rooms are more than adequate. But the most notable aspect of this hotel, which is not always the case at other locations, is the personal service that we received. We arrived hours before check in, and wanted to know if we could drop our luggage at the hotel while we walked around the city. The receptionist, Suny, checked our reservations and explained our room was ready. Suny and the manager, William, upgraded our room to the penthouse suite; my wife and I were surprised when we got to the room, which was spacious yet very cozy. I would recommend this hotel to persons visiting New York, and my wife and I would like to thank Suny and William for making this one of the most memorable trips we ever were on. See you next year.

Sunbury, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel like we have done many times before. The room was small but when I'm in New york City, I don't plan on spending too much time in the hotel room. Nothing to complain about as others did, the hotel staff were very nice to us.

Richmond, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

First of all hotel is in a great location in regards to Time Square. WIFI is not great, is so slow it's ridiculous. The best thing about this hotel was the bar and the staff who work it Great service and really friendly & will cater to what you want in a drink & also brilliant on thier recommendations for something different to try other. Room size was adaquate.
The street the hotel is on is quite noisy but then what do you expect so near to Time Square.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and away from the lift as it can be quite loud
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel is immaculate! Right in "Times Square", and a better value than I was expecting! I could see the M&M building and electronic billboard from my room, I could walk everywhere. The hotel was a better value than I expected, and yes, I shopped around before i booked. Every member of the staff was available, and willing to help us find our way around the city, and respond to our requests. The room itself was more than adaquate, and I'll go back to this hotel on my next stay.

Thanks BW
Ken R

Room Tip: Though I am not proud of it, I am still a smoker, and this hotel had a room for me!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Great location, but if you plan on spending any time in your room (even if it's just in the evening before bed) I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

The wifi was horrible. Checking email or researching local attractions was next to impossible.

Several of our bathroom towels were stained. The bed did not have fitted sheets, leaving us exposed to the mattress. Also, the sheets and blanket had a rubbery quality to them.

The bathtub has jets, but unfortunately they didn't work.

The television did not have any movie channels or the option for Pay-Per-View.

The front desk staff was snotty, as well as the breakfast staff. And the vending machine closest to our floor was broken.

The maintenance man who fixed our television was nice though and the room was quiet.

Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed for three nights in February 2012. Central location. Rooms are so tiny and wifi is terriblly poor. Staff was helpful and no complains about them. No noice on the 13th floor room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS President Hotel at Times Square? Share your experiences!