“My new favorite place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TRYP by Wyndham New York Times Square

You added TRYP by Wyndham New York Times Square to your Saves list
TRYP by Wyndham New York Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 48th Street, Times Square, New York City, NY 10036 (Formerly Best Western Plus) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #359 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Connecticut
“My new favorite place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was my first time staying at the Best Western President...and its my new favorite place! Its right there in the theatre district so the location is perfect. The lobby is super fun with lots to look at including a bar and a breakfast area (there's even a restaurant just off the lobby. The elevators are speedy and as I was on the 14th floor, that was helpful. The room was small, like every hotel room in NYC, but nicely designed with lots of fun pop art presidential touches. My favorite was the lamp the was a bust of George Washington. The bathroom too, was small, but clean and tidy. This is 'boutique hotel on a budget' and it was the perfect place for my trip. So glad I found it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Lunenburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Perfectly located close to all transportation and within walking distance of many key sites of the city, this little hotel is a gem. We stayed four nights and the rates were better than anything comparable in the same area. Staff were most helpful, plenty of space for clothes etc and good TV. Lots of good restaurants close by too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

The room was very small and old looking, but it was fairly clean and the price was right. The only warning I have about this place is that if you need internet the internet they provide is very, very bad. It cuts out and works around dial up speed the rest of the time bring a wireless enabled laptop or something becuase if you need reliable internet they do not have it here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
BWTimesSquareNYC, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham New York Times Square, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

We value and utilize all our guest feedback to make improvements and create a better stay for our guests. We are continuing working on improving our wi-fi coverage. We also offer 24 hour support for our internet users. We look forward to an opportunity to host you on your return visit.

Jay Dean
Please feel free to contact me at jdean@presidenthotelny.com.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Very clean hotel, staff is really nice and happy to help. Located in the heart of Time Square, great restaurents and night live around the corner.

Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights in March. The Hotel is in a good central location, but the area is very noisey. There is a fire sattion on one corner and it seems the garbage trucks collect all night long. A higher floor may be better, but found it very difficult to sleep. The room we had was a suite and not really large for a suite but it was clean and bed bug FREE.
The hall on our floor was always very cluttered with garbage bags, vacuum cleaner, laundry carts etc. I was cold when we came back from an afternoon of sight seeing, tried to get the heat to work and it wouldn't. When I mentioned it to the front desk people they informed me that the heat only comes on if the temperature falls below 40 degrees. To me that is getting pretty cold, I like my heat to click in if it falls below 60 degrees.
Wanted to print our boarding passes, was told to go to a place in the basement, it costs $5 for 20 minutes and the computers are so slow, you will be lucky if you can get it done in 20 minutes, the printer wouldn't work and the letters are pretty well all off the key board, so unless you are a typist and know where all the letters are on the keyboard, good luck. I asked for help 3 times, because the printer wouldn't work, the first 2 people told me to go back up stairs, the third said someone will be here in a few minutes, well I only have 20 minutes before I need to put in another $5. No one ever showed up, my time ran out and I wasn't about to put anymore money in the thing. When I went upsairs to find out where the guy was that was going to fix the printer, they finally agreed to let me print from the front desk, but those keyboards also had most of the letters missing.
Some of the staff were very friendly, others really seemed like I was bothering them.
So if you don't mind noise and cluttered halls this is probably an OK place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for informing us of the shortcomings you encountered
during your recent stay with us. I am very sorry indeed that your experience was unfavorable.

It is our intention that we meet or exceed our guest’s expectations in all areas and your comments have helped us identify matters which require immediate attention.

Please contact me personally so I may further follow-up with you. jdean@presidenthotelny.com
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My friend and I have been coming to NYC for 15 years for our Broadway show fix. On the majority of these ocasions we have stayed at the President Best Western. We started there because of the decent rates for NYC and the location. We keep coming back because of the staff and the comfort of the rooms. We consider this our neighborhood when we come to the city-our church is even nearby-St. Malachy's Actor's Chapel! We would recommend this hotel for your next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Wellsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The Best Western Presidential Hotel has a prime location. It is within walking distance of Lincoln Center, the Museum of Modern Art, the gallery district in Chelsea and Times Square center. It is near theaters and first class restaurants Its lobby and rooms are stylish and comfortable. The staff is friendly. This is a well-managed, sophisticated hotel, which helps provide a great New York City experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to TRYP by Wyndham New York Times Square? Share your experiences!