I've been wanting to visit NYC ever since I was a kid, and I finally got to do it this september. I decided to book the South Street Seaport Inn, since it was close to the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, which I admire, and wanted to walk.
I got into NYC on an early flight, arriving at my hotel a little before 9 am. Since it was so early, they could not check me in yet, but offered to hold my bags for me until check in time later in the day. At the desk, I asked about a request I had made some time earlier- that my terrace room be facing the Brooklyn Bridge. The lady at the desk wasn't sure if she could do it, saying that they had a wedding the same day. I didn't say anything, but inwardly I was thinking "Oh no..So much for my bridge view! Single me has no chance against a wedding party!"
I didn't get upset though- not the hotel's fault that a bridge fan and a wedding party rolled into town on the same day.
Later that day I returned to check in, and my room still wasn't ready yet. Again, I didn't get upset, these things happen, and the place was pretty busy. After a bit of a wait, they called me over to the desk, saying that they had a really nice room for me, that it would be worth waiting for.
Was it ever!
They gave me one of the corner terrace rooms! It overlooked not only the Brooklyn Bridge, but downtown Manhattan. The terrace was huge, and the views were spectacular!
One thing I really liked was the free wi-fi all through the hotel, which was great. I could keep up with my emails in the privacy of my own room, and even use skype to video chat with folks at home.
The free continental breakfast was great too, with lots of goodies offered.
Overall, I had a great time at this hotel, and would gladly go back. The neighborhood felt safe at all hours, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself is lovely- I had no complaint to make of cleanliness or repair. I would gladly reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in NYC.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Seaport Inn Downtown Hotel New York City
- Best Western Seaport Hotel Downtown
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western