“Seaport Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Peck Slip, New York City, NY 10038-1708 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #70 of 452 hotels in New York City
Fair Haven, VT, United States
“Seaport Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have spent many hotel stays at the Seaport Inn over the past 15 years. It is my first choice when visiting Manhattan unless my itinerary requires a different choice. Staff has always been personable and helpful. I love the seaport area. There are outstanding views of the Brooklyn Bridge, plenty of restaurant choices, and numerous activities. During my most recent stay (August, 2014) I was disappointed that Pier 17 was closed but was told that it is reopening in 2015. The Seaport Inn is perfectly situated close to Chinatown, Little Italy, and many other must visit neighborhoods. I have brought along a number of friends over the years and they fell in love with the area and stayed at the Seaport Inn on their return visits.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was very happy we decided to stay here, it is a great historic part of NYC, right on the edge of the East river. We were able to check in 2 hours early, which was great after travelling all morning to get there. We had a big enough room for us and our two boys, with a bath, which you need after walking around the city all day! We had a beautiful view of Brooklyn bridge from our bed and took a walk across it every evening to watch the sunset and manhattan light up. The whole Seaport area has been regenerated and shows New York's history as a major port. Everything was within walking distance, Staten Island ferry, Boat trips, Wall Street, Helicopter rides, the Freedom tower and 911 memorial. Fulton street subway is the nearest about a 10 min pleasant walk form the hotel, then 10 minutes train ride to Grand Central station - a must! The only thing that i thought let the hotel down a bit was the breakfast, complimentry but a bit lack lustre and the room is so small that some guests had to eat out in the hotel reception. Come on best western buy the shop next door and open up a proper restaurant which can double for breakfast. One other niggle was the WIFI, again free, but everytime you left the hotel and came back you had to reconfigure and log on again. I did need to phone the IT helpline number once because i couldnt get back in, but they soon sorted it. Saying that we really enjoyed our time here, the staff were very helpful and we would definately recommend you try this hotel.

Room Tip: You can see the Brooklyn bridge from room 406! Enjoy!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife & I stayed at the Best Western Plus Seaport Inn for an end of summer vacation. Having never been to NYC before I was not sure what to expect in choosing a hotel, especially not knowing the area at all. The Best Western far exceeded any expectations that I had about an NYC hotel.
The hotel value was absolutely phenomenal. The property is in a quiet and safe area of the city that seems to be on the rise, with newer stores opening and some buildings being remodeled. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, with bathrooms that seemed newer as well. The hotel is easily within walking distance of the financial district and several subway stops if you prefer to go uptown.
The continental breakfast was pleasant surprise, getting more than the usual cereal and juice. Each morning there were Belgian waffles to make, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, and fruit. The service staff was more than helpful with anything that we needed.
Overall a great hotel that I feel some people might overlook when booking, but I will definitely be staying here my next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms offered a nice view of the Brooklyn Bridge
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here a week with my daughter. We had a great time here, the staff was really nice a rooms were clean and a good size.
The breakfast was nothing special, but ok.
When going to NYC we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I usually find Trip Advisor ratings to be accurate but not in this case. The hotel is in a decent location, across from restaurants, etc. and looks reasonable from the outside. Inside, however, the hotel is dated. The room I stayed in was was very small, which would have been fine except for the old decor and paint cracks in the ceiling in the bathroom and the tiny gym with no air conditioning (if it had AC, is wasn't on) and 2 mismatched hand weights.) The check in person thought my name was a female name (I'm 50 and nobody has ever said that) which was slightly irritating and complicated the check-in process a little (the reservation was listed under a Mr.). I was disappointed with the experience overall, especially since the price wasn't low. Properly renovated, this hotel could be great. It's not terrible either - just know that you won't be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

LENEXA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Before I came to the hotel, I liked the price and the photos showed I was getting a great value. When I arrived, the front desk attendant, Rita, was very friendly and professional. She not only gave me an informational overview of the breakfast and other amenities, but also handed me a map and let me know where the nearest restaurants were, as well as the closest subway. The room was a little small, as expected for NYC, but spacious for me to enjoy my 4 day stay. The breakfast food was good, the staff was great, and that made my experience amazing. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for allowing this trip to be one of the best! I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this best western has it all--they are personable-attentive and accomodating--the location is ideal to walk for food and drink- i would love to come back to this facility any time--We had a view of the Brooklyn Bridge and it was an easy walk to the Seaport and local food establishment

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!