If you are tired of Times Square and the busy-ness of the city, but still want to make sure you have a decent hotel in Manhattan, this is a good candidate. Its almost a mile from the subway, so you have to be ready to walk or take taxis, but that is part of its charm. This hotel is on the east river, in an area that has been struggling to be redeveloped for a long time. Its on a roughly cobblestoned road, and surrounded by old warehouses. It does have the flavor of old New York- the one that used to be a seaport. And its only a few blocks from the South Street Seaport bustle. There are many good restaurants in the area.
The room was spacious by New York standards, and our room on the Peck Slip side was free of street noise because of the construction project. (I hear it will be a park.) The room was very clean. My only complaint was that when the fan came on it was so loud it woke me up repeatedly but without it the room would have been too warm.
Not much of a business center (one computer) but it had free wifi that was very good. Also a nice breakfast was included.
I would stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Seaport Inn Downtown Hotel New York City
- Best Western Seaport Hotel Downtown
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western