“I LOVED IT...WILL RETURN!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Peck Slip, New York City, NY 10038-1708 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #83 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“I LOVED IT...WILL RETURN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The service was excellent. The front desk personnel knew me by name and greeted me every time I came down to the lobby and returned to the hotel. They made me feel very welcomed. Suheidy Estevez, the young lady that assisted me with my checked-in, helped me out tremendously with any situation I had encountered. Each time I was about to leave she made sure I knew exactly where I was going, marked it on the map, even printed out directions for me, and provided me with the hotel's number to call her if I got lost. She became my "personal tour guide" without being able to come with me of course. She was very resourceful. My room was great. I had an excellent view of the stores and restaurants across from the hotel.
The location is across the street from the Brooklyn Bridge, stores, restaurants, and walking distance to Broadway for excellent shopping experiences and touring.
The facility was clean and a lady went from door to door to make sure your room was cleaned.
There was nothing I disliked about the facility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Bethlehem, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I am a complainer. However, I can't find ANYTHING bad to say about our recent two night stay at the BW Seaport Inn Downtown.

It was absolutely clean, quiet and comfortable. Every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful: from the nice folks at the front desk who let us check in early so we didn't have to tote our luggage all over Manhattan after getting off the train to the sweet lady who oversaw the breakfast room. We arrived back at the hotel at midnight in an absolute deluge and were drenched to the skin and the helpful young man a the front desk provided us with some plastic bags in which we could pack up our sodden clothing before packing up in the morning.

Breakfast was the biggest surprise of all. Incredible assortment of good things to eat - fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, bagels, toast, pastries. Provision to make fresh, fluffy waffles. Juices. Hot tea and coffee. Yogurt.

Our entire experience at the hotel was wonderful. Not what I was expecting from reading reviews of other people's experiences with NYC hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Although New York is among my least favorite U.S. cities, business requires me to travel there periodically. The Seaport Inn is a welcome respite from the commotion and noise elsewhere in town. The facility is older, but charming and very well kept. The staff is very professional, helpful and friendly. They even have a sense of humor and did not ridicule me too much when it came to light that I was a Red Sox fan. The elevators are a bit quirky, but the rooms are immaculately clean, invitingly decorated and comfortable. The bed was excellent, even pleasing my wife who has back problems. The location is outstanding. It is only a block from the Brooklyn Bridge and within a 15 minute walk of the financial district. A dozen or more good restaurants are within a short walk of the front door. For New York, the prices are reasonable and include a simple but decent buffet breakfast. This place will be my first choice every time I return to New York.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lewiston, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here in June for 5 nights and way pleasantly surprised. There are many attractions nearby and very close to public transportation. There was an initial mixup with the reservation, which had been pre-paid, but it was sorted out quickly. It has the feel of a boutique hotel and was very quiet and comfortable. My room faced the Seaport area. When I was there, the outside temps were in the 90's, but the air conditioning in the room worked beautifully. The continental breakfast was fine for me, as I don't normally eat a huge amount in the morning. The cookies in the afternoon were a nice touch. The room was very comfortable and clean. This hotel deserves a repeat visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Although part of a chain this Best Western feels unique in its style and location. In the heart of the dynamic South Street Seaport surrounded by fantastic seafood restaurants and bars this hotel is always our first choice when we visit NYC. The hotel is affordable for NYC standards, the complimentary continental breakfast is hearty and the cheerful staff answer any & all questions. Do request a balcony!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011 via mobile

Okay Hotel, a bit shabby but comfortable. Great location!

• Stayed July 2011
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Great location if you want/need to be downtown, lobby is attractive if cramped, and the breakfast was as nice if late due to the habitual refrain "we don't have enough staff" & "you'll have to wait" which is okay occasionally but not everytime you need to check in/out, get luggage, etc. Staff seemed a bit stressed (even by NYC standards) and resigned that they couldn't get it all done - too bad. Rooms and hall spaces are rather dated and not very well decorated - a bit dark (not scary just feels like evening all the time), but the location is great and at the right price this is an alright hotel, but not up to its competitiors when charging full price (this isn't a $300/nite property even in NYC).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Seaporthotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear Qwerasdf1,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are taking your comments to heart and using them for staff training purposes. Although our rooms are more spacious then normal NY City hotel we are after all a historical landmark building. We try to preserve a little history plus keep up with ever changing modern amenities. In all of our rooms we have HD TV’s, Wireless Internet, MP3 clocks etc. Our rates are very competitive to downtown hotels. In the future if you find our rates higher than our competition please give me a call directly and I will try to work something out. I hope you will give us another opportunity to make it right.

ZB Moham
Best Western Plus Seaport Inn Downtown
33 Peck Slip
New York, NY 10038
(212) 766-6600 Ext. 2108

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!