“2 nights at dream: 1 midtown , 1 downtown” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Midtown

You added Dream Midtown to your Saves list
Dream Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Dream New York) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #206 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Royal Oak, Michigan
“2 nights at dream: 1 midtown , 1 downtown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Though Dream midtown was cleanly it was a very small, non luxury room.
Dream downtown was beautiful but I was treated secondary and was unable to enjoy the amenities or even get to my room at times.

I travel to NY for work monthly and decided to try a new brand of hotels. I was very excited about Dream and thought it would be my new home. Unfortunately based on my experience I do not believe I will be returning. The staff at the pool cared more about pleasing their non guest friends than even caring about guests. I was frequently asked if I had a pass to be at the pool and never helped in anyway. When the lobby was overcrowded with people trying to get to the bar. I asked how I was expected to just get to my room and was told I could try the stairs. After deciding that was ridiculous I cut through the peopl to get to the elevator. During this I was yelled at by people in line to go to the bar about cutting. None of these people were guests and the staff did not control them from ruining my experience.

Experience was overall hectic and at times degrading.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very Friendly front desk, housekeeping, concierge and bellboy staff, especially Eddie, who is always around to help.

We had a great stay with spacious and comfortable rooms especially in Manhattan where space is a rarity!

The location is also perfect for Central Park, Fith Ave Shopping, Hell's Kitchen eateries and Time Square sigh seeing!

I would have given an excellent rating but the lifts let them down as it was being used to for the rooftop bar renovation. However, once its completed I am sure it will make this Hotel even a better place to stay!

Room Tip: higher floors or back of building
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Phenomenal value for exceptionally friendly and helpful staff with well-appointed and extremely clean room in terrific location nestled between Central Park, Columbus Circle and Times Square. Enthusiastic thumbs up!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staff was very friendly and attentive. The room and amenities were great as well! The lobby has a very nice ambience with some great music in the evenings. Waiting for the Roof top lounge to open as well.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very good I love the staff, the location , the room
very nice ... just a little bit of problem with the elevator on
Saturday when only one was working instead of 3 but
it was repaired in the evening ...

• Stayed August 2015, traveled solo

chele B. B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay with us here at Dream Midtown. We do apologize for the delays you experienced with our elevators on Saturday but we appreciate your patience and understanding during the time of the delays. We are very glad that despite the issues you were still able to have a fabulous time and that you were able to take advantage of our great location! We look forward to your next stay with us- Feel free to reach out to me when you are planning your next trip to the City!

Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Bed was superb! Lifts were slow and small... we were on the 8th floor so walked up and down the stairs a few times instead of waiting. Room was small with not a lot of wardrobe space. But was clean and well maintained.

georginak708,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay with us here at Dream Midtown. We are so glad that you enjoyed our new beds! We do apologize for the delays that you experienced with the elevators. Unfortunately during the time of your stay we were having trouble with one out of the three elevators which caused the delays. The next time that you are planning a trip to the City please reach out to me. I will be happy to assist you with your booking and accomodate any special requests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff was excellent really helped me out when checking in, rooms were clean, the ladies with housekeeping were very nice i just wished i opted for a bigger sized room, overall service was awesome!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends

kenyeral,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at Dream Midtown. We are so thrilled to see that you had a wonderful time with us! Our housekeeping department really appreciates the shout out! The next time that you are planning a trip to the city please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to personally assist you with your reservation and speak with you about all of our different room types. I am certain that we have rooms that you would be more than comfortable in! We look forward to your next stay with us!