“Very Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Midtown

You added Dream Midtown to your Saves list
Dream Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Dream New York) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #266 of 461 Hotels in New York City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have to admit that I was initially concerned about this hotel prior to my arrival. It had great reviews, but in my experience I commonly find newer boutique hotels at a great price in cities like New York to have a very fancy and remodeled lobby, but old dirty rooms in great need of remodel and cleaning. That is far from the case here. The price is great, the quality of the rooms matches the quality of the lobby, the staff kept the room very clean during my stay, and the staff was very responsive and promptly fulfilled all requests. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall a great experience. The room was small, but I wasn't spending much time in it. The bed was very comfortable. I had a street-side room on the 2nd floor, so the street noise was noticeable but didn't keep me awake - you may want to request a room on the other side of the building &/or a floor higher up if you are a light sleeper! The staff was very gracious and helpful.

Kallie T, Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Elaine H,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay with us here at Dream Midtown. The next time you stay with us please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival. I would be happy to book you in one of our rooms on a higher floor and away from the street. We are also in the process of switching to triple pane windows in an effort to reduce street noise and improve insulation in the rooms. I look forward to assisting you with your next stay and making it even more enjoyable than the last!

Warmest Regards,

Kallie Thompson
Guest Service Manager
kthompson@dreamny.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is the best hotel ever. I recently stayed at this hotel and will certainly stay here during my next trip to NY. This hotel is beautiful in the inside and has a delicious restaurant that's inexpensive. Winard is the best Front Desk staff member I've ever met. He was super nice, attentive and very professional. The Dream truly has a gem! Overall this was the best hotel and I would highly suggest to hotel to everyone.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Kallie T, Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Keisha M,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay here at Dream Midtown. We are so thrilled to hear that you consider Dream to be the best hotel ever! We agree! Winard is definitely a gem and we are lucky to have him on our Dream Team. Please feel free to contact me the next time you are planning a trip to the city, I would be happy to assist you with your next booking! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Kallie Thompson
Guest Service Manager
Kthompson@dreamny.com
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Enjoyed my stay while here in the city for business. Very close from Grand Central Station and where I needed to be for my event.
Staff were very friendly and I enjoyed my dinner I ordered with room service. I would come again soon!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Kimberly Z,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream Midtown experience! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We hope you enjoyed your event too! We have a lot of great changes happening to our property including a brand new rooftop and lobby lounge. We hope you will get to check these venues out during your next stay!

Cambria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As our Port Authority hotel shuttle pulled up in front of the Dream Midtown New York Hotel, the personable bellman, Adrian, was welcoming my husband and me, pulling our bags out and carrying them in, and directing us to the front desk where we were warmly welcomed. Adrian took our bags up, connected us to the hotel wi-fi, answered questions about what and where to eat and where to go as we arrived on a rainy Saturday evening. Throughout our 5 night stay, Adrian, the concierge and the front desk staff answered any and all questions, called taxis, and seemed to actually remember us by asking, for example, if we'd enjoyed Jersey Boys that evening, or where we'd decided to have dinner and if it was good, etc. The newly renovated room was comfortable, actually spacious by New York standards, with a large bathroom and deluxe shower. And best of all, a very comfortable bed,which had an individual reading light attached on each side. It was fun to stay in a hotel with "non-traditional" decor that was clean and quiet and reasonably priced, AND around the corner from the Carnegie Deli which we found does NOT have a line at 8:00 breakfast time!

Room Tip: We did have a 5th floor "back" room (faced another building, not the street) and was at th...
Green Features: We did notice a little cold air leaking in from an "energy star" window and covered the area with a pillow. Later, we noticed housekeeping had put something there to block the cold air from coming in.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
870helenmarie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream Midtown experience. What a "Dreamy" experience you had! Adrian is an absolute rock star and its wonderful to read he took care of you and your husband when you were with us in addition to the rest of the Dream Team. I hope you enjoyed Jersey Boys and Carnegie Deli too! We have many more thrilling changes happening to Dream Midtown and it would be wonderful if you and your husband can enjoy these changes when you visit next. Please do not hesitate to reach out when you plan your next stay!

Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel. The room was very small, but nice. It was a little noisy in the halls and the blinds in my room were broken making it a little hard to sleep. It was a little pricey, but so is everything in NYC. I would stay again, but no more than 2 nights. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Drew D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream Midtown experience. We are so sorry your blinds were not working during your stay, I hope this was reported to our team so we could have had a chance to recitfy this issue. We have a variety of rooms at our property and I can assure you we would be able to find accommodations suitable to your needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out when you plan your next stay in NYC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I travel a lot for work. This was my first stat at a Dream Hotel and I'm hooked. The room was beautiful and clean. The staff was amazing from the time I walked in the door. The hotel is within walking distance to Times Square. I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
JenMBiringer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream Midtown experience. We are so happy to have made quite the impression on you for your first stay with us! We hope to be your home away from home when you stay in NYC again. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us when you plan your next stay at Dream Midtown.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream Midtown? Share your experiences!