“Small but clean and comfortable space” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Midtown

You added Dream Midtown to your Saves list
Dream Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Dream New York) (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #323 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Small but clean and comfortable space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed one night at the Dream Midtown, had booked off a Jetsetter deal. The lobby renovations appear complete and the space is nice. Great fish tank right when you arrive. We stayed on the 8th floor in a king room. The room is quite small but clean and comfortable. Comfy mattress and nice bathroom fixtures. The only thing I think it lacks is some type of in room coffee maker. Need that in the AM.
Recommended for quick NYC stays but not someplace you need to spread out for a long trip.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Tappan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Dream Hotel was very accommodating upgrading us to a King Silver for the night of January 24th. The room was small but for the value definitely worth it. Only complaint was the bathroom was extremely chilly!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, yesterday
matthewbH8652SW,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the upgrade! I apologize for any inconvenience the temperature in the bathroom may have caused you. I hope you addressed this with our staff at the time and we were able to rectify the issue. We look forward to your next stay with us, please do not hesitate to reach out when you plan on coming back so we can make sure you have a flawless stay.

Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Rooms were small but stylish and well laid out and had all the amenities we could need. Rooftop bar isn't open yet, so I can't wait to see how that turns out. Serafina, the attached Italian restaurant had delicious burrata. All around a perfect little central spot in Manhattan.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

laraortiz,

Thank you taking the time to contribute a review! We are very happy you enjoyed our new, stylish rooms. I will inform Serafina you enjoyed their experience as well. Regarding our rooftop, we are in the process of renovating that space as well as our lobby bar. When these spaces re-open, both of them are going to be rocking the Midtown area of Manhattan so we suggest you definitely come back to check it out! We look forward to your next stay!

Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hello,

We arrived at your hotel for a stay of 10 days. We were received by polite, nice, professional staff. We really felt like everything we could need would be taken care of by the hotel and really appreciate it as this trip was for business and there for we did not have time to take care of a lot of things by ourselves.

We would like to thank the staffs for their efforts and for their quick and great responses to everything we asked for!

We would also like to say that unfortunately it is not rare to enter a hotel and realizing the hygiene is not good but your was amazing! Everything was clean and the rooms were really nicely designed.

The design of the hotel was really nice and really comfortable and made us feel like at home. It was really a pleasure and even though it was a business trip your hotel and staff made it feel like a vacation!!

Thank you so much for everything! Your hotel really made a difference in our trip. We were really surprise by the service, design, restaurant and bar!

Excellent hotel! We sincerely hope to be back soon for a longer stay!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

SigalitM,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your very recent stay at Dream Midtown. We are ecstatic over your review! Thank you so much for your kind words, I will be sure that our team will hear all about your stay! Its great to hear you enjoyed our new design as well! We always love to hear feedback from our guests regarding our renovated rooms and lobby. We look forward to your next stay at Dream Midtown!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Best hotel we stayed in USA ...we have been traveling for 6 wks and stayed many big name hotels but Dream mid town is the best staff was very friendly and warm . You guys ROCK.
Originally we booked into standard room and front office staff realize we are goung to stay longer and need bit more space and they upgrade us to better room ...its all about they care about people rather than trying to sell room ...

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
thushb,

Wow! What an amazing compliment! Thank you so much for spreading such kind words about Dream Midtown. It truly is about caring about the guest and ensuring that you have a great stay rather than just selling a room. When you stay with us we want it to feel like you are staying at your "home away from home". It sounds like we will be seeing you again in the future and we look forward to that. Until next time!
Diamond Bar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a wonderful stay at the Dream NY in Midtown. I usually stay here because of the Midtown location and was excited to see the new look.
I took a redeye so I was in pretty early and was planning on just dropping off my luggage because check in usually isn't till later and just walk around the city. However, when I checked in, the front desk told me there might be a possibility of an early check in. So he took my number and I went to the Starbucks next door to get some hot chocolate. Less than half an hour later, I received a call that my room was ready and that I could come in. I was a little jet-lagged so I was relieved that I could check in early and relax. The friendly staff gave me my keys and the bellman took my luggage to my room.
Once in my room, I asked if it was possible if I could store my food in the minibar fridge. I was concerned because there are sensors that go off when opened and I didn’t want to be charged. They responded by clearing out the fridge to allow me to use it. That was really sweet of them as I am a foodie and would bring back treats from my adventures in the city. The only thing I wish, as I forgot to tell them, was if they could fix the cabinet doors that access the minibar. The edges are pretty sharp and I actually cut my hand on it when I grabbed it.
Other than that, the staff was wonderful and friendly. They always tidied up my room, did not disturb me when I had the do not disturb sign on, and provided me with whatever amenities I needed. From the doormen to housekeeping, the staff was always courteous.
Also, I love the new room renovations. The colors are a lot more upbeat from the previous design and the bathroom was a lot nicer. I love the modern fixtures! The only thing I wish was if there could be better heating in the bathroom. It was winter time and there is a window by the shower. So even with the water temperature set to hot, there was a bit of a chill.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Dream. There’s a new positive energy there and the service was great. I also recommend if you need anything, just ask. They may be able to accommodate you.

Room Tip: If you have certain needs, just ask the front desk. They were very helpful.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Br N,

It is always such a pleasure to hear from our loyal guests. We are happy to hear that you not only loved the new design but that you also felt that the staff was very attentive to all of your needs. We are working on improving the hotel in every sense, from the look to the culture. I'm so sorry that the mini-bar had a sharp corner, we are making sure to take a look at that to prevent this in the future. Thank you for contributing such an awesome review about Dream Midtown, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful lobby and rooms, super clean, great location but most of all amazing staff (special shout out to Winard)! Staff was kind, courteous, competent and willing to go the extra mile to help out!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

EmilieBK,

Amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Dream Midtown. Winard will be especially happy to hear that he impacted your stay in the best way. Reach outto us the next time you plan to visit and we will be happy to assist you with your reservation!

Been to Dream Midtown? Share your experiences!