“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream New York

You added Dream New York to your Saves list
Dream New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #340 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Dream was still under last legs of construction so understanding that there were still areas that needed finishing. The small room is literally nyc tiny, just able to walk around the bed, and the bathroom is super tiny, all clean new modern that part is all great. FYI housekeeping comes early so press the little button on the peep hole to indicate : do not disturb (that one I didn't figure out till second night) Downstairs bar was great, upstairs rooftop bar was a bit disco for me, but I'm sure fantastic for private parties, the whole security at the door type of thing. All in all, great location and once those last touches finish, it's fresh and not worn out like many places in nyc are.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, yesterday
TheHoppFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your stay! We are happy to hear you enjoy our newly remodeled rooms! Please know we have a variety of rooms at Dream and we would be more than happy to offer some suggestions for your next trip. We have another bar on the lobby level, The Bar, which I am not sure if you visited but it provided a more relaxed atmosphere than Ava. I would suggest checking that bar out next time. Please do not hesitate to reach out directly when you plan your next stay!

spomilio@dreamny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at Dream Midtown about 3 years ago with my wife and daughter.Location was great being next to Times Square, Broadway Theatres, and Central Park. Had a solo business trip this past week and decided to stay there again. Was amazed that the staff from 3 years ago remembered my name and also asked how my family was! Very impressed. Felt like family.Great location. Great service. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Konstadin Dino K,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent stay! We are thrilled to make you feel like home and you are visiting family when you come to stay! Its fantastic you took advantage of our ideal location, we are certainly right in the heart of all the action! We hope to have you with us soon and bring your family back too! Please reach out to me directly when you plan your next visit so I may oversee your stay.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Dream NY hotel is in a great location for anyone visiting New York City as a tourist. It's a couple of blocks from Central Park, Times Square and right next to the subway. The hotel has an italian restaurant and a rooftop bar. The bar is a bit of a hot spot due to the views and it's location, however I think the rooftop bar needs some updating, the furniture and internal area is very 80's/90's and they don't maximize their gorgeous view with their seating arrangement.
It's also annoying that you can't charge drinks and food ordered at the bar to your room - even when the bar is empty.
The hotel was going under a refurb so perhaps they are updating their facilities. Our room was on the 8th floor and we were informed that this was already refurbed. The room was SMALL but then a lot of hotels in NYC are like this. It was clean, the bed was VERY comfortable, the bathroom very decent size and spotless. The benefit of having a larger wardrobe meant we weren't tripping over suitcases the entire time.
The staff at reception were very warm and welcoming.
All in all, if the refurb goes well this is a good hotel in NYC for a short leisure break.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Rae_lovestravelling,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! We will definitely look into internal charges from our Food and Beverage outlets, I can assure you our renovation is not only from a product standpoint but from a procedures point as well.

Please know we have many different varieties of rooms at Dream and we can definitely accommodate you in a spacious room for your next stay. Just contact us directly and we will walk you through the best room that fits your needs.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was undergoing renovations including construction in the main lobby; this was not declared when i made my reservation. The paint smell was strong in the room. no hot water in the shower. The windows had very bad isolation for street noises or even wind.

SamerN11,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am terribly sorry you had to endure these issues while you were with us. I would advise you to please contact me directly at the email address below so I may help rectify your experience for you.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely hotel close to Times Square and many other attractions. The staff are very friendly and helpful and always happy to help with anything you require.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with maid service daily and turn down service in the evening.
Although the hotel is going through a lot of refurbishments it doesn't affect the hospitality or any amenities.

Room Tip: My husband and I recenntly visited dream hotel NY and we upgraded to a queen room which was very com...
Andrea W,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent stay! We are thrilled to hear you and your husband had a fantastic time at Dream Midtown. I will pass along your review to our team so they can hear how they contributed to your stay! We look forward to seeing you both in the future, please reach out to me directly so I may assist with reservation needs.

ashby de la zouch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the hotel is coming to the end of a refurb but despite this we enjoyed our stay. Some of the rooms are extremely small and if you staying any length of time we would suggest asking for a larger one. The location is great for central park and lots of deli's for breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the street. *14 rooms on each floor are large.
david h,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of Dream Midtown! We are indeed at the end of our renovations and I hope you got to enjoy our newly remodeled lobby! We look forward to having you with us again, please reach out when you plan your next stay in NYC!

Newbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have recently returned from 5 nights at Dream Hotel. We booked 5 nights about 8 months ago and cost $1500. I spent lots of time looking for a hotel for our trip to celebrate our one year anniversary and had found a few in mind. I knew that there was some renovation going on at the time of booking but having consulted with the website, it said it would all be completed by Nov 2014 so we went for this one. However, it was still a construction site with a makeshift front desk. Indeed, you'd be forgiven for walking right past the hotel if you were none the wiser.

But that aside, the rooms were decent size, really comfortable beds and the hotel gave complimentary wifi because of the renovations. The staff were excellent and very friendly especially in the roof top bar which had great views (beware of the drinks prices though!)

Location was great. There's a subway right outside the front door and it is a few blocks from Central Park and about 10-15 min walk down to time square. The world famous Carnegie's deli is also right around the corner.

The only other down side was that we were in a room opposite the elevator so could hear it arrive each time including late at night.

Overall, decent stay but I was hoping all the construction would have been completed otherwise, I may have chosen to book elsewhere.

Tom D,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! I hope you and your wife enjoyed all NYC has to offer. I am terribly sorry if our renovations imposed any inconvenience on your stay. Despite our renovations, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our newly remodeled room. I can assure you that during your next stay we will make sure you have a comfortable, quiet room away from the elevator. We re-opened our lobby last weekend and it looks fantastic! I hope you and your wife would be willing to visit us again. Please contact me when you plan your next stay at Dream New York.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream New York? Share your experiences!