“The Dream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream New York

You added Dream New York to your Saves list
Dream New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #337 of 454 Hotels in New York City
New York
“The Dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay at the Dream Hotel was a great experience. Excellent room service, comfortable bed, clean and stylish room. Staff was friendly and professional. Couldn't ask for more and looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Tommy P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Dream experience. We loved having you with us and we look forward to seeing you soon! We are almost done with our lobby and we can't wait to show it off to you! I will pass along your positive words to our staff, they will be happy to hear about your stay. Please contact me directly when you plan your next trip to Dream.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved our stay at Dream, the hotel is in a fantastic location close to both Times Square and Central Park! The room was a comfortable size for two friends travelling together. The mini bottles of water we received each evening were lovely, a great touch! Can't wait to return to the hotel once the renovations in the lobby area are finished.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Kayla-Jane M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very recent Dream experience! We are happy to hear you and your friend enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our prime location! We look forward to having you both with us again, our lobby is almost completed-- we're excited for you to check it out! Please contact me directly when you are planning your next trip to NYC.

P.S. Happy to hear you liked the Dream waters too!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Got a great rate at Dream for a quick biz trip to NYC because the lobby is being reno'd.

When I arrived, had a personalized welcome note, Haribo Gold Bears and great newly revamped room.

Great shower, sheets and bed. Perfect for a night in the city in the middle of everything.

The new lobby looks to be amazing from what I spied behind the boards. Thank you for the great personal service.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Tim A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Haribo Gold Bears! I will be delighted to pass this along to our team, we strive to not only provide excellent service but personal service that makes you feel as if you're home. Glad you got a sneak peak of what is to come in our lobby--next time you visit you'll be able to see our lobby brand new! Please reach out to me directly when you plan your next stay with us so we can make sure our staff and Haribo Gold Bears welcome you back.

Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

During my first stay at Dream Hotel, renovations were ongoing, and there was some trouble with the internet (though the front desk was very helpful in resolving the issue). When I returned for a second stay six weeks later, renovations were complete. The hotel is great, and the internet was great. They also treat returning guests very well!
During this stay, I enjoyed easy walking access to Central Park. The hotel's location is one of its strongest assets. And I gotta say...I love the blue lighting. :) I look forward to a 3rd stay at Dream Hotel the next time I get to New York.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dahlia W ,

Thank you for writing another outstanding review! We appreciate your loyalty to Dream and we are always excited to have you with us! I will be sure to share your comment with our team! I must agree with you when you say our location is the strongest asset although we hope our strongest asset aside from location is our service too! When you plan your next trip please contact me directly so I can make sure you have another fantastic stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was in a very convinient location. Close to everything, 2 blocks away from central park Times square and the famous 5th saks avenue.
Staff so pleasent and helpful. The housekeeping was very professional and keepet those new designed rooms in a crisp condition.
I will return in New york in Christmas and I will definitely stay at tDream New york hotel.
M.D

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
MATILDA D,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our staff was helpful and housekeeping did a great job on your room. We are very excited to have you with us again for Christmas, I can assure you Saks will be beautiful around then as well! Please contact me directly when you have tentative reservation dates.

See you soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was in NY for 3 days and stayed to Dream New York hotel. The hotel haas a perfect location, quite near time square and central park. The service is excellent and the local bar and restaurant are very good also.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Silva V,

Thank you for submitting a review about Dream New York! We are thrilled to hear you had a fantastic stay with us! Our team will be so happy to hear they made a positive impact on your stay. As I am sure you witnessed when you were with us, we have a lot of great changes happening and we hope you can experience the real Dream next time you are here! Please contact me directly when you plan your next stay with us.

Namur, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went in the "Dream New York" hotel almost three months ago. I have to say that even if it's not the best hotel I've ever been in, it's a hotel you remember because of several details.

First of all, it's well placed in the city, if you walk about five minutes you arrive to Times Square and shops. It's really convenient to be close to the center.

On one hand, the hotel is modern, with a nice architecture and the staff is really helpful, they help you to find activities, places, etc. The room was clean and the quality of the bed was excellent.

On the other hand, the room was a bit too small. Except of the bed, there was not much in the room because it lacked space. I know it's New York and that the space is hard to find in hotel but I went in many other and the rooms weren't that small.

The hotel has its own ambiance. For instance, there wasn't so much light in the room, in fact it was actually dark. And the entire bed was surrounded by a blue flashing light. It was hard to walk into the room without bumping into something.

Finally, the breakfast wasn't included in the price of the room so we had (my family and I) to walk outside and search for it because in that kind of hotel, the breakfast isn't cheap at all.

In conclusion, I would say that this hotel is great for couples (it's maybe too trendy for a family) and for a stay of two or three days at most because staying in that space during a week would probably drives you crazy.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is any tip on the rooms because it's a building. Maybe that in the hig...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
mathilde-tries,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your August visit. We are very happy to hear our staff was able to take care of you during your stay and point you in the right direction of where to go in NYC! We actually changed the look of our guest rooms, it completely opposite from the room you experienced in August. We have upgraded all linens, bathroom products and our design is more clean and sleek. We hope you will visit us again so you can check it out! Please reach out to me with any future inquiries.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream New York? Share your experiences!