“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream New York

Save Saved
You added Dream New York to your Saves list
Dream New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #336 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at Dreams New York on the 10th.October.
We knew it was under construction,but it was only the outside and the lobby ,which was behind a screen.The room was lovely ,beautifully decorated and a nice bathroom.
It was much nearer Times Square than we thought.
The reception staff were very friendly.
The restaurant looked lovely,but we'd already planned to eat out.
I am a travel agent and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 3 days ago
ElaineHennessey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent stay with us! We are so happy you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms- we certainly put a lot of time and effort into making them the best possible for our guests! Glad you took advantage of this supreme location in Manhattan. We look forward to having you with us again! Please contact me directly when you plan your next stay at Dream!

spomilio@dreamny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am writing to let you know how much I appreciated the outstanding customer service that your staff provided last week. I was in NY for training and stayed at this hotel, however I wasn’t aware of the current renovation project and wasn’t happy with the location of my first room. I discussed my concerns the next morning with the front desk and they told me to ensure that my luggage was packed and that they would address the situation while I was gone, within minutes I received a call from the manager Leo who assured me that they would address the issue and that I would be pleased going forward.

The suite they upgraded me to was a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting this when I returned that evening. It was everything you could imagine and so much more. I wasn’t expecting this type of accommodation. The new rooms are extremely modern and it reminds you of a luxury hotel in Vegas. I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and have told all of my coworkers and friends to book the next time they are in NY.

The employees I interacted with, especially Leo, Mike and I can’t remember the other guy’s name…I just know that his birthday is two days before mine, October 25th. They were extremely attentive and accommodating, they even remembered guest by face and name and knew immediately which room you were staying in. They made catching a cab easy and recommended the best Zara locations for shopping, that alone won me over since I love to shop and they made it easier since I had limited time. You have a great staff that knows how to take care of the guest. 5 Star Service!!

Because of their efforts, I’m looking forward to returning later this month.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Shelisha S,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your very recent stay with us! We are beyond thrilled that Leo and Michael were able to make your stay enjoyable and most of all- memorable! We are glad we could address your issue and rectify it to your satisfaction, which is what we care about most here at Dream. We are excited to have you with us again! Hope you got lots of goodies at Zara!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If this is your first trip to New York and you would like to visit the usual highlights, this hotel is a great starting place. A lot of attractions are in a less than 30 minutes walking distance. Our newly remodeled room was clean, nicely decorated, and much more spacious than I expected after reading all the reviews about tiny NY hotel rooms. The only issue what the closeness to the elevator and the construction dumpster noise after 10PM.
I would certainly recommend this hotel - after the construction is over.

Good:
Location: just 10 minutes from Central Park south entrance and 15 minutes to Times Square.
Management: I read the reviews and emailed the manager that I am concerned about the construction and she promised us a newly remodeled room.

Not so good (temporarily):
Construction: you notice it from the outside, in the lobby, and also when you look out of your window (scaffold and construction net are blocking your view). One elevator was blocked by the construction workers so that the wait time for the other elevator was longer some times. We took this construction elevator once by accident and got stuck for few seconds which was enough to raise our adrenalin level :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is further away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
kemalusa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream experience! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our new remodeled rooms and our convenient location! I am sorry if our renovations caused any disturbances during your stay. We hope to host you again in the future when we are all done. I can assure you many great things are about to happen at Dream! Please contact me when you plan your next stay with us.

bartlett
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This property was nice. It is currently under renovations and the elevator would take about 15 minutes to come. However I discussed this with the management and they took care of the problem. This is a nice hotel and would come back

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
amehta71,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent Dream experience! I am very happy to hear our management team was able to resolve your issues when you were here! I will certainly make it a point to pass that along to the team. We look forward to having you with us again, please reach out to me directly when you plan your next return!

Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was small but okay for our 3 day stay. Front desk staff very helpful. The problem we had was the construction noise, dumpster noise between 10-11pm and Saturday eve noise in the hallway. We got one of the remodeled rooms with King bed, we had room to move around. Our view faced an industrial dress shop. The price was right compared to others. It was short walk to Times Square, so location was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. If you are a first time visitor, tell them.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Donna P,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your most recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience our renovations caused during your stay especially if it caused you to move rooms. I hope you got to enjoy the new amenities in our remodeled rooms. For your next stay we can make sure you get a room with your preferred view. Please contact us directly when you plan your next stay at Dream New York.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

My first review!

Wife and I celebrated our anniversary here in August. Picked because of the location.

If I had read the reviews before, I would not have booked.

But I have to say, the construction is bad...but if you close your eyes when you walk through the lobby you wont notice.

The room was upgraded for our anniversary which was a welcoming start. Not a small hotel but not a large one either. We had some hot water issues pretty much every day. Until this is fixed, start the shower about 20 mins before you want to jump in. We complained and Anthony, the manager, offered us a 2pm c/o time which we happily accepted.

On that note, The staff here is awesome!
They always seemed to remember us and was enthusiastic to help. The bellman Joe was always really attentive and ready to help us with a cab. Darren was awesome! He became our go-to guy for restaurant recommendations and we have definitely found some that will forever be our favorite. (Jean Georges was the best meal we have ever had.) Our last night, we wanted info on bike rentals and he generously lent us his discount card for the bike rental that is on the same block as the hotel. He also recommend we stop by Whole Foods (close by but don't remember the exact address) for a picnic set up so my wife and I could ride bikes through central park and have lunch in the grass. This really made our last morning in NYC perfect and because of this, I decided to right a review.

I would like to stay here again once the renovation is complete. Maybe it will become our yearly anniversary trip.

Bypass the bar upstairs, rude staff and overpriced drinks.

Room Tip: We only saw the room we stayed in which was a queen bed. There wasn't a view but it was quiet. N...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
lightweightphilly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream experience! We are so happy Anthony, Joe and Darren were able to make a positive impact on your stay and in return turn it into a memorable one! We hope you two had a great anniversary and you choose to stay at Dream New York when you celebrate your next one! We are expecting renovations to end soon so you're next stay should be absolutely flawless! We apologize for any issues you encountered with our water, this is a work in progress for us.

Also, just so you know for next time Whole Foods is at the Shops at Columbus Circle! Please reach out directly when you plan your next stay!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

I visited the hotel two times this year. First time was in February. The hotel room was very small, there was no space to open my luggage. When I opened the door I was right in front of the bed. Though I had the room on the inside it was very loud.
The second time I visited in September. The hotel was under construction. One elevator was working and this has been used by the workers to transfer all stuff upstairs. I was waiting 15 mins for getting the elevator. I was really disappointed they wanted the full charge. In general it's clean, friendly staff and it's a good location. Be prepared that it's loud and there is very often a party on the top roof so you get this bass as well.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Kleli G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback about your recent two stays this year. We are terribly sorry if our renovation caused any disruption to your stay. We are anticipating to be done with renovations soon and it would be wonderful if you can visit us when we are completely transformed so you can see what we have accomplished. If you ever feel you are not getting the value for what you are expecting you can always reach out to the staff and I can assure you we will do our best to take care of your concerns. Should you wish to discuss your stay(s) further, please contact me directly.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream New York? Share your experiences!