“Great Location-clean but lots of noise.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream New York

Save Saved
You added Dream New York to your Saves list
Dream New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #334 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great Location-clean but lots of noise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was small but okay for our 3 day stay. Front desk staff very helpful. The problem we had was the construction noise, dumpster noise between 10-11pm and Saturday eve noise in the hallway. We got one of the remodeled rooms with King bed, we had room to move around. Our view faced an industrial dress shop. The price was right compared to others. It was short walk to Times Square, so location was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. If you are a first time visitor, tell them.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Donna P,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your most recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience our renovations caused during your stay especially if it caused you to move rooms. I hope you got to enjoy the new amenities in our remodeled rooms. For your next stay we can make sure you get a room with your preferred view. Please contact us directly when you plan your next stay at Dream New York.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My first review!

Wife and I celebrated our anniversary here in August. Picked because of the location.

If I had read the reviews before, I would not have booked.

But I have to say, the construction is bad...but if you close your eyes when you walk through the lobby you wont notice.

The room was upgraded for our anniversary which was a welcoming start. Not a small hotel but not a large one either. We had some hot water issues pretty much every day. Until this is fixed, start the shower about 20 mins before you want to jump in. We complained and Anthony, the manager, offered us a 2pm c/o time which we happily accepted.

On that note, The staff here is awesome!
They always seemed to remember us and was enthusiastic to help. The bellman Joe was always really attentive and ready to help us with a cab. Darren was awesome! He became our go-to guy for restaurant recommendations and we have definitely found some that will forever be our favorite. (Jean Georges was the best meal we have ever had.) Our last night, we wanted info on bike rentals and he generously lent us his discount card for the bike rental that is on the same block as the hotel. He also recommend we stop by Whole Foods (close by but don't remember the exact address) for a picnic set up so my wife and I could ride bikes through central park and have lunch in the grass. This really made our last morning in NYC perfect and because of this, I decided to right a review.

I would like to stay here again once the renovation is complete. Maybe it will become our yearly anniversary trip.

Bypass the bar upstairs, rude staff and overpriced drinks.

Room Tip: We only saw the room we stayed in which was a queen bed. There wasn't a view but it was quiet. N...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
lightweightphilly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream experience! We are so happy Anthony, Joe and Darren were able to make a positive impact on your stay and in return turn it into a memorable one! We hope you two had a great anniversary and you choose to stay at Dream New York when you celebrate your next one! We are expecting renovations to end soon so you're next stay should be absolutely flawless! We apologize for any issues you encountered with our water, this is a work in progress for us.

Also, just so you know for next time Whole Foods is at the Shops at Columbus Circle! Please reach out directly when you plan your next stay!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited the hotel two times this year. First time was in February. The hotel room was very small, there was no space to open my luggage. When I opened the door I was right in front of the bed. Though I had the room on the inside it was very loud.
The second time I visited in September. The hotel was under construction. One elevator was working and this has been used by the workers to transfer all stuff upstairs. I was waiting 15 mins for getting the elevator. I was really disappointed they wanted the full charge. In general it's clean, friendly staff and it's a good location. Be prepared that it's loud and there is very often a party on the top roof so you get this bass as well.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Kleli G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback about your recent two stays this year. We are terribly sorry if our renovation caused any disruption to your stay. We are anticipating to be done with renovations soon and it would be wonderful if you can visit us when we are completely transformed so you can see what we have accomplished. If you ever feel you are not getting the value for what you are expecting you can always reach out to the staff and I can assure you we will do our best to take care of your concerns. Should you wish to discuss your stay(s) further, please contact me directly.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well located hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are not too big but enough for few days in New York.
Could be a bit noisy if you plan to rest and your room window faces the road leading to Times Sq but other than that its a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BFSP88,

Thank you for taking the time to share the time you spent with us last October! We are glad you got to enjoy views of Times Square. You should certainly check out our rooftop during the summer months! We are in the midst of a transformation and the new Dream is going to be completely different than the Dream you visited last year (I mean this will all great intentions too!). Come back and check us out! Please contact me directly when you plan your next stay in NYC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night with a group of girlfriends. The room was adorable, very clean, and had everything we needed. It's in an ideal location, with easy access to bars, restaurants and subways. Leo Jacob helped us and was absolutely wonderful. Our overall experience far exceeded our expectations. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed September 2014
Allyoop143,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dream experience! We are so happy Leo provided a memorable and exciting experience for you! Glad you took advantage of our ideal location too! We look forward to having you and your friends with us again. Please reach out directly when you plan your next visit.

Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Dream is exactly that, a dream. I recently stayed in the king suite. The room was absolutely beautiful, spacious and immaculate. It also had a huge balcony with an incredible view of midtown. The location is incredibly convenient and centrally located, and if you are looking to travel downtown catching a cab is a breeze. More than anything else I was incredibly impressed by the staff! We were helped by Leo Jacob. Leo was attentive and professional and went above and beyond to assist us in any way. All of the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful as well. I would also highly recommend eating at Serafina. It's delicious and beautifully decorated. I will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: The kind suite is enormous with a balcony that is worth the cost.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Malora W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Dream experience! We are so happy Leo was able to assist you and make your stay memorable! I hope you took advantage of that balcony it certainly provides stunning views of our neighborhood! We look forward to hosting you again in the future feel free to reach out to Leo or myself for any upcoming stays in the big apple!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends and I stayed here for my friend's 25th birthday. She was visiting from Boston and we wanted it to be awesome and Dream Hotel was PERFECT. We were upgraded to the Junior Suite, newly renovated with a gorgeous balcony. Leo helped us with everything and it was so clear both he & the hotel make the guest experience their #1 priority. The room was clean and tasteful, lots of sunlight and a super comfortable bed. Serafina, the restaurant downstairs, had great Italian food. The staff that checked us in and out were kind and attentive. You can't get more central than this location. Right by Times Sq and Central Park and a quick cab ride downtown, or you can hop on numerous trains nearby.

I definitely recommend it. We had a blast and the hotel was perfect to come back to. Thanks Leo & thanks Dream!

Room Tip: The junior suite was gorgeous, spacious & sunny with a beautiful balcony. Recommend it 100%.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Connie S,

Thank you for sharing your lovely Dream experience! Firstly Happy Birthday! We are delighted you shared your special occasion with us! We will pass along your feedback to Leo and the rest of the team we are thrilled we made a great impression on you and hopefully we can host you for other exciting occasions! When you plan your visit please reach out to Leo or myself directly so we can ensure you have another Dream-like experience!

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream New York? Share your experiences!