“Lovely but small” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream New York

You added Dream New York to your Saves list
Dream New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #337 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“Lovely but small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Everything about the hotel was great except the room was tiny and I mean tiny! Also lacking in room tea/coffee facilities. Perfect central location and helpful friendly staff. If the rooms weren't so cramped would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Lynne D,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about Dream New York.Unfortunately we do not supply coffee or tea facilities in our room but we do have in room dining services that would be more than happy to provide those items for you should you wish. We have a variety of rooms at our hotel, I am not sure which room you stayed in but I can assure you we have comfortable accommodations with one or two beds as well as suites. Should you need assistance booking a room in the future please contact me directly.

Director of Guest Services
spomilio@dreamny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

My publisher put me in this hotel at the beginning of my book tour, and I enjoyed my one night's stay. Fun lobby decor, and I love the fish tank in the lobby and especially the giant moon in front of the elevators on our floor.

Though a tad on the small side, the room was clean, well-appointed and the bed was super-comfy. Also loved the glowing blue desk. :-) Great location, too!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at this property and also had our dog with us. The property is undergoing major renovations but it was not a major issue. Nice rooms and a great location. What really got our attention was the overall friendliness and courtesy of the staff, Everyone we encountered went out of their way to make sure any questions we had were answered and did so in a very professional and friendly manner.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Jd M,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay! We are so happy to hear our staff made a positive impression on your stay despite the changes happening here. We hope your family including your dog will come visit us again! Please contact us when you plan on returning so we can make sure you have a comfortable stay with us.

Director of Guest Services
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights when it was under renovation, so the price was a bit discounted. I had enjoyed visiting the bar at the top floor and, having had mixed experiences at other New York hotels, wanted to try something new.
The hotel has a great location: near 55th Street and 7th Avenue. The lobby is small but modern, with a giant fish tank. Check-in and check-out were very quick. However, the front desk attendant could have been more cooperative in crediting my account with Wyndham points. I opened an account at the start of my stay, and it took some effort to persuade the attendant to credit my account.
I stayed in a low floor, standard room, and had no problem with noise, even with renovations going on. However, the room was very small, and the bed, though comfortable, took up 80% of the space; those who travel with a lot of luggage might have trouble finding space to hold it. At one point during my stay the water was not working well. As soon as I called, the hotel dispatched an engineer, who fixed it immediately.
A potential negative about the hotel is that the fitness center is offsite, a block or two away. In addition, the Wi-Fi service for phones and tablet computers was disappointing. Despite these drawbacks, I would stay here again if not carrying much luggage and the room rate was again attractive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
blackestcaptain,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent stay. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our ideal location. We apologize for any confusion at the front desk regarding your Wyndham points, we can assure you this will not happen again. I would encourage you to visit us again when we are done with our renovations so you can have the full Dream experience. We have larger rooms in our hotel, contact me when you plan your next stay so I can attend to your accommodation needs.

Perth Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We moved to this hotel after our terrible experience at the Hotel Pennsylvania. The hotel was very good. It is well situated just 4 blocks from Central Park and while it was undergoing some renovations there was no impact on the guests. Room are clean and well appointed - if albeit a little small. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room as they are available for a small cost
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Terry114,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We are happy to hear we were able to make the rest of your New York City trip enjoyable and memorable despite the issues you were having. I hope you would consider us when you plan your next trip to NYC! We are in the process of going through a major transformation and it would be great if you could see us when we are all done! Please contact me directly when you are planning your next trip.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

*Staff very polite and friendly
*Great location. Very close to buzzing Times Square
*Tiny little rooms. Could barely fit all my luggage in. Way too small for price it charges.
*Terrible bed linen. Smelled bad. Over starched. Not soft at all. What a horrible experience!
*Irritating, eary blue light at floor level which I couldn't figure how to switch off. Even after asking staff assistance, the light would not switch off & felt like I was sleeping in a seedy dungeon every night.
*Lots of construction happening at the moment which was annoying. Construction starts very early and major delays with the elevators which were shared with workers.
*Mosquitoes! !! Bitten all over my face @ night.
* The worst part of my stay was when a Staff member came into my room at 4am. Apparently there was a water problem in my room resulting in water leaking in room below.
They closed the water supply and I couldn't flush the toilet or use cold water. Which the guy said I would be able to use. When I went to take a shower, the water pressure was low and it was boiling hot. There was no apology or even slight embarrassment at this incidence. No mention was made of it and further more, I was woken up at 8am on the same morning by another plumber who I had to send back to return in an hour because I literally had no sleep.
* Although the front desk staff is very friendly; their hotel and standard of hotel fails them.

I will never stay here ever again... worst New York City hotel experience thus far!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
911phyllisp,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your issues to our attention. It seems like a majority of your issues stems from the lack of room functionality and design. I can assure you our renovations are taking care of these major issues. I sincerely apologize if our staff was not empathetic or apologetic, it certainly does not sound like the type of service we provide at Dream. I would hope you would be willing to give us another chance when we are done with renovations. If you would like to give us the opportunity to turn around this previous stay please contact me directly.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I checked in Last night to Dream , Was just so great, Busy outside people going to the club , But they grabbed my bags from the cab, and were hands down the best overall service i have received from any hotel, Including Hotels at 3 or 4 times the price!

Was from start to finish was great and professional, kind, courteous, and fun, Was only in for the night ,Rushed needing fast service , Dream responded seamlessley .
Am from Australia, But i will be back very soon. Excellent.

Room Tip: Maybe try to be off street , The only thing is it's a quite noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Jodie H,

Thank you for sharing great feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you had attentive service from the moment you stepped out of your car until your departure. That is what we are all about at Dream! We look forward to hosting you again, please reach out to me directly when you plan your next visit in NYC!

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream New York? Share your experiences!