“Worth it for a short stay with little luggage” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream New York

Save Saved
You added Dream New York to your Saves list
Dream New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #337 of 452 hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth it for a short stay with little luggage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for two nights when it was under renovation, so the price was a bit discounted. I had enjoyed visiting the bar at the top floor and, having had mixed experiences at other New York hotels, wanted to try something new.
The hotel has a great location: near 55th Street and 7th Avenue. The lobby is small but modern, with a giant fish tank. Check-in and check-out were very quick. However, the front desk attendant could have been more cooperative in crediting my account with Wyndham points. I opened an account at the start of my stay, and it took some effort to persuade the attendant to credit my account.
I stayed in a low floor, standard room, and had no problem with noise, even with renovations going on. However, the room was very small, and the bed, though comfortable, took up 80% of the space; those who travel with a lot of luggage might have trouble finding space to hold it. At one point during my stay the water was not working well. As soon as I called, the hotel dispatched an engineer, who fixed it immediately.
A potential negative about the hotel is that the fitness center is offsite, a block or two away. In addition, the Wi-Fi service for phones and tablet computers was disappointing. Despite these drawbacks, I would stay here again if not carrying much luggage and the room rate was again attractive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
blackestcaptain,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review about your recent stay. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our ideal location. We apologize for any confusion at the front desk regarding your Wyndham points, we can assure you this will not happen again. I would encourage you to visit us again when we are done with our renovations so you can have the full Dream experience. We have larger rooms in our hotel, contact me when you plan your next stay so I can attend to your accommodation needs.

1,140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Perth Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We moved to this hotel after our terrible experience at the Hotel Pennsylvania. The hotel was very good. It is well situated just 4 blocks from Central Park and while it was undergoing some renovations there was no impact on the guests. Room are clean and well appointed - if albeit a little small. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room as they are available for a small cost
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Terry114,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We are happy to hear we were able to make the rest of your New York City trip enjoyable and memorable despite the issues you were having. I hope you would consider us when you plan your next trip to NYC! We are in the process of going through a major transformation and it would be great if you could see us when we are all done! Please contact me directly when you are planning your next trip.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

*Staff very polite and friendly
*Great location. Very close to buzzing Times Square
*Tiny little rooms. Could barely fit all my luggage in. Way too small for price it charges.
*Terrible bed linen. Smelled bad. Over starched. Not soft at all. What a horrible experience!
*Irritating, eary blue light at floor level which I couldn't figure how to switch off. Even after asking staff assistance, the light would not switch off & felt like I was sleeping in a seedy dungeon every night.
*Lots of construction happening at the moment which was annoying. Construction starts very early and major delays with the elevators which were shared with workers.
*Mosquitoes! !! Bitten all over my face @ night.
* The worst part of my stay was when a Staff member came into my room at 4am. Apparently there was a water problem in my room resulting in water leaking in room below.
They closed the water supply and I couldn't flush the toilet or use cold water. Which the guy said I would be able to use. When I went to take a shower, the water pressure was low and it was boiling hot. There was no apology or even slight embarrassment at this incidence. No mention was made of it and further more, I was woken up at 8am on the same morning by another plumber who I had to send back to return in an hour because I literally had no sleep.
* Although the front desk staff is very friendly; their hotel and standard of hotel fails them.

I will never stay here ever again... worst New York City hotel experience thus far!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
911phyllisp,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your issues to our attention. It seems like a majority of your issues stems from the lack of room functionality and design. I can assure you our renovations are taking care of these major issues. I sincerely apologize if our staff was not empathetic or apologetic, it certainly does not sound like the type of service we provide at Dream. I would hope you would be willing to give us another chance when we are done with renovations. If you would like to give us the opportunity to turn around this previous stay please contact me directly.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I checked in Last night to Dream , Was just so great, Busy outside people going to the club , But they grabbed my bags from the cab, and were hands down the best overall service i have received from any hotel, Including Hotels at 3 or 4 times the price!

Was from start to finish was great and professional, kind, courteous, and fun, Was only in for the night ,Rushed needing fast service , Dream responded seamlessley .
Am from Australia, But i will be back very soon. Excellent.

Room Tip: Maybe try to be off street , The only thing is it's a quite noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jodie H,

Thank you for sharing great feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you had attentive service from the moment you stepped out of your car until your departure. That is what we are all about at Dream! We look forward to hosting you again, please reach out to me directly when you plan your next visit in NYC!

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had been in this hotel so many years ago and I still remember the amazing atmosphere.
Everything was perfect, starting the room until the staff
Strategy location for visiting NY and amazing view from the roof,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
emanuela m,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a stellar review! We are so happy you decided to visit us again and we are glad to hear we continue to make an impact on your stay. I will certainly share this with the team. Thanks again and come back soon!

Monza, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We've stayed in the Dream hotel for 3 nights, and we totally fall in love with the hotel bed:))) Since mostly travelers just sleep at the hotel, admit that the bed should be really comfortable, and trust me this hotel has the most comfortable beds ever!!! We also appreciated the staff advises regarding what to visit in NY (even by email), staff availability at any time, hotel accessibility (there's a metro just 2 steps away) and proximity to different sightseeing (Broadway, Empire State Building, Times Squire, etc.).

Room Tip: Ask Fred to help you to understand where better to go, what to visit and how do it! he's the bes...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Lilia S,

Thank you for writing such a rav review! Fred is indeed a mastermind in his craft, we're thrilled he played a part in making your stay a memorable one. Happy to hear you loved our comfy beds too! We will definitely share your feedback with our staff they will be thrilled to hear about your stay! We look forward to having you with us in the future, if you ever need anything please reach out to us.

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Dream New York is an absolutely awesome hotel. All of the staff are helpful, friendly and ready to help make your stay fantastic. We stayed here for 3 nights, as we were getting married in Central Park. The manager of the hotel actually upgraded our room to a junior suite, which worked out great for entertaining our friends that had also traveled to New York. The room was beautiful, on a corner of the building with a great view of the city. The hotel is in an excellent location, we were able to walk and easily catch the subway to all of the things we wanted to do in the city. It is within walking distance to Central Park. There were several bellmen at the hotel who were extra pleasant and made it so easy for us to store our baggage as we arrived and left before and prior to check-out times. We can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at Dream New York, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Paige E,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Congratulations on your wedding in Central Park- you had a beautiful weekend to enjoy it! Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us. We look forward to hosting you in the future, please reach out to us directly when you plan your next stay in New York City! I will pass along your feedback to our team, they will be happy to hear they helped make your stay a memorable one.

spomilio@dreamny.com

Been to Dream New York? Share your experiences!