I've stayed at Dream 3x's, I'm a frequent visitor to the City, Dream & Serefina (the restaurant at the hotel) being a favorite stop, even when we stay elsewhere - we always stop for a bite to eat (no reservations) or for a drink (weather permitting @ Ava - the rooftop bar.
Things went off the rails during the last trip; usually I'm in town working, so the reservation is prepared in advance under my name - not that it should matter - but my husband was called to NY for work and we decided to use Hotel Tonight for a last minute great rate (confident we were booking at a great place). When we checked in we were given a room with a double bed and told it was what HT booked for us. HT indicated the hotel determines the room (enough room for 2 adults) based on availability. My husband insisted on a room with at least 2 double beds - two adults in a double bed??? We're little people, but still - it's TOO SMALL, so we were offered a room for $50 with a king bed - we took it. I planned to speak to the clerk @ check out anyway, but as it turns out - our rooms/the king bed was temporary - every 8 minutes the heat or some vent would come on - we ended up changing rooms at 2am - to a room with 2 double beds. When I called down to report the problem, they said they'd send someone up to look @ the problem - I nearly told them to bring our car up... service was terrible. The next morning during check-out we reported the trouble, the desk associate seemed like she could have cared less, then handed us a bill, including the fee for the "upgrade." I asked to speak to a manager and after a quick explanation the fee was waived - but still the service was terrible! I was really very surprised, I don't know if the hotel would have cared that we were loyal guests who sought out the property, even though we didn't book directly - that is the impression I left with... I was very disappointed.
Would I give them another try? Maybe - the location, rooms, beds, everything I love about the hotel (except the restaurant/bar) I can find elsewhere - W (Westin), Night... It will be awhile, but - I'll probably give them another try.
- Also Known As:
- Dream New York Hotel
- Dream New York Hotel New York City
- Dream Hotel New York City
- Dream New York City
- Dream Hotel New York
- Dream Hotel
- Dream Hotel Nyc
- Dream Hotel Ny
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haute couture hotel created via the vision of hotel entrepreneur Vikram Chatwal. Dream's luxuriously appointed guest rooms are whimsically modern and adorned with the latest in technological delights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Amex, Otel, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Dream New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.