I don't know where to start. I arrived and found my room to be absolutely disgusting. The bathroom was dirty, the paint was peeling off the walls, the phone and clock looked to be twenty years old, half the channels on the TV didn't work, room was ice cold, etc. Frustrated, I went to the front desk informing them that I was not interested in staying in such a disgusting room. To their credit, they offered to upgrade my room and took me to see something bigger.This one was still in rough shape, but bigger and slightly cleaner, with a bigger bathroom, yet no space to put any toiletries. On my tour to see the new room, I was informed by staff that they were aware of the poor quality of the rooms, and that the hotel was getting a much needed facelift. Yet I was still being charged $350.00 a night. I accepted the room, as I had no patience to pack up and leave. I wanted to watch a movie in my room, but found that they had no movies for purchase. Great. The next morning, I woke up to find that the shower barely dribbled out any water. Unacceptable. I had to attend a conference and dropped back at my room to drop off some stuff. My room key didn't work. The system was frozen downstairs so I couldn't get another key. They sent someone up to let me into my room. Now at the end of a long day, when I just want to get to bed, the rooftop patio is blaring into my room. Unable to sleep, I found that the Chandler had a room available and decided to take off. I complained to the front desk and once I was told that there were no more rooms available, the desk person stated "Oh, didn't they tell you about the noise when they checked in?" Incredulous, I spent the next half hour searching for another hotel. When I finally found one, I informed the staff at the desk that I was checking out, and was told that I would not be able to have the charge removed until I spoke to a manager. I was understandably upset by this, and the front desk person waved at me dismissively and said "Whatever. Bye!". Unbelievable. I know there is very little that they could do for me, but showing a little sympathy would have helped. To their credit, I called this morning and they removed my room charge without any arguments. Let's see what happens when I check my credit card account. All in all, a horrible experience in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haute couture hotel created via the vision of hotel entrepreneur Vikram Chatwal. Dream's luxuriously appointed guest rooms are whimsically modern and adorned with the latest in technological delights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Dream New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream New York Hotel New York City
- Dream Hotel New York City
- Dream New York City
- Dream Hotel Nyc