I tried very hard to escape Manhattan before hurricane Sandy hit the city but could not get out in time. So I made the decision to find a hotel in midtown because I felt that they had a good chance of having power through the storm. We took a car service on Monday (the day the storm started to roll ashore) to the hotel early and had to wait for a few hours for the suite to be cleaned. That was alright with me because I knew that the hotel would be short staffed and any of the people who stayed or came to work would be a blessing. It was worth the wait. Barbara helped us at the front desk and was very kind and helpful. We continued to say hello and joke with her throughout the next three days about the storm and situation there. Our power did stay on, and Barbara worked around the clock to keep the hotel open and running while not being able to go home herself. The restaurant downstairs also stayed open throughout the stay and with some patience we ate and drank well every night. I am glad I weathered the storm here at Dream, very happy with the service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haute couture hotel created via the vision of hotel entrepreneur Vikram Chatwal. Dream's luxuriously appointed guest rooms are whimsically modern and adorned with the latest in technological delights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Dream New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream New York Hotel New York City
- Dream Hotel New York City
- Dream New York City
- Dream Hotel Nyc