“Excellent service during Hurricane Sandy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Midtown

You added Dream Midtown to your Saves list
Dream Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Dream New York) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #230 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent service during Hurricane Sandy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I tried very hard to escape Manhattan before hurricane Sandy hit the city but could not get out in time. So I made the decision to find a hotel in midtown because I felt that they had a good chance of having power through the storm. We took a car service on Monday (the day the storm started to roll ashore) to the hotel early and had to wait for a few hours for the suite to be cleaned. That was alright with me because I knew that the hotel would be short staffed and any of the people who stayed or came to work would be a blessing. It was worth the wait. Barbara helped us at the front desk and was very kind and helpful. We continued to say hello and joke with her throughout the next three days about the storm and situation there. Our power did stay on, and Barbara worked around the clock to keep the hotel open and running while not being able to go home herself. The restaurant downstairs also stayed open throughout the stay and with some patience we ate and drank well every night. I am glad I weathered the storm here at Dream, very happy with the service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I are seniors and it was our first trip to New York, we stayed at The Dream Hotel, our experience was a wonderful surprise, great rooms, wonderful service, helpful staff, and close to everything, we would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get the lower level rooms we were advised about this by the staff, because there is a night club on...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are some hotels that are just too hip for their own good. Dream is elegant and modern, but not too over the top hipster. It's not cheap, but it is lush and comfortable. The whole place has a feeling of decadent romance due to the materials used...fabrics, wood, steel. All very well executed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Not clean, unfriendly staff, dark rooms, a lot of noise from elevator and club/bar. Gym closed and no information about this was given before hand. Bad bathroom products.
Other guests complained about the same thing when we checked out.
I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

If u have more than one luggage and u paid for regular room,
Ask to have a bigger room (they've some regular rooms which are a little bit bigger)
The location is Great, just couple of blocks from TimesSquare.

Recommend if it has a good price

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Inside and out. Thin walls, doors and windows. Sounds like there was a busy fire station next door on one side an a transfer station on the other. Awful night's sleep. Doors slam loudly by default and there were many late night guests on my hallway

• Stayed October 2012
Dream_NewY0rk, Director at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Richba,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I can't apologize enough for not providing you a restful night which is any hotel's primary purpose. It is true that the hotel lobby and rooftop lounge comes to life in the evenings which is quite poular with the locals, however It’s simply unacceptable that we missed the opportunity to apologize, and move you to any of the quiet parts of the hotel and avoid this entire scenario, I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you at the Dream. Please reach out to me personally and I will ensure that your next experience is far different from your last.

Best regards,
Varun Malik
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had a reservation at Dream NY for October 11th to 14th, which I cancelled. I decided to stay at the Renaissance 57 instead which was over $100 less a night and fantastic! While on my vacation in NYC I received an alert on my phone that Dream NY had charged my credit card over $500. I called them immediately to ask about the charge and they said I had not cancelled my reservation. I had cancelled it on August 23rd. They are now refusing to refund me so I am disputing the charge on my credit card..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends