“Small room, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Midtown

You added Dream Midtown to your Saves list
Dream Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Dream New York) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #245 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Small room, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

If u have more than one luggage and u paid for regular room,
Ask to have a bigger room (they've some regular rooms which are a little bit bigger)
The location is Great, just couple of blocks from TimesSquare.

Recommend if it has a good price

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Inside and out. Thin walls, doors and windows. Sounds like there was a busy fire station next door on one side an a transfer station on the other. Awful night's sleep. Doors slam loudly by default and there were many late night guests on my hallway

• Stayed October 2012
Dream_NewY0rk, Director at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Richba,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I can't apologize enough for not providing you a restful night which is any hotel's primary purpose. It is true that the hotel lobby and rooftop lounge comes to life in the evenings which is quite poular with the locals, however It’s simply unacceptable that we missed the opportunity to apologize, and move you to any of the quiet parts of the hotel and avoid this entire scenario, I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you at the Dream. Please reach out to me personally and I will ensure that your next experience is far different from your last.

Best regards,
Varun Malik
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had a reservation at Dream NY for October 11th to 14th, which I cancelled. I decided to stay at the Renaissance 57 instead which was over $100 less a night and fantastic! While on my vacation in NYC I received an alert on my phone that Dream NY had charged my credit card over $500. I called them immediately to ask about the charge and they said I had not cancelled my reservation. I had cancelled it on August 23rd. They are now refusing to refund me so I am disputing the charge on my credit card..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location, stiff price... Hole in hotelroom floor???? But all in all worth a stay.... Slooooooow elevators... 3 min walk to Times Square, Carnegie hall 1 min walk.. Subway any direction 1 min walk...:)))

• Stayed October 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I enjoyed staying at the Dream. But the rooms are small (even for NYC) and for the price, I think there should be at least a real window in the room... Nice, though small bed and good sized bathrooms. Elevators are a mess...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Set in a brilliant location, with courteous staff and adequate sized rooms, Dream was about average. We stayed for 5 nights and although it was spotless when we checked in, our room was not made up on two occasions (Saturday and Sunday), leaving us without clean towels and meaning that we had to make up our own bed. More concerning is that on the last day my girlfriend noticed that her leg was covered in bites, which we have since learned are from bed bugs. Clearly this is a problem in many NYC hotels, and a general hazard in most big destinations, but it tainted the last day of our holiday. Perhaps if the bed had been made up this could have been avoided. Also somewhere to stow luggage would be handy as my open suit case had to stay on the floor for the duration of our trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dream_NewY0rk, Director at Dream Midtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dream Tom L,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about our courteous staff and our property. With reference to the condition of the room kindly note that we did respond to the concerns you brought up immediately as we have a very aggressive Pest Control Program in the hotel and all tests came out negative.

I feel terrible that the last part of your trip wasn't a pleasant one, however please feel free to reach our to me directly should you wish to discuss the matter further.

With best regards,
Varun Malik
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here recently and was pretty impressed with the place when I walked in. The lobby has a very cool fish tank that creates a very chic, trendy atmosphere. The rooms were just ok, and they was a bit of noise. (to be expected I guess in NYC) Also, the location is incredibly busy and touristy given its proximity to Times Square. Overall this place is ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dream Midtown? Share your experiences!